Video: 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR announced

News bot

time to sell yours now Johnny and get this one.

Two things stand out for me. No carbon rims, and no brain. Will have to see how this thing rides, I really love the trail tune brain. Looks fantastic, but it seems really close to the enduro now. S-works 650b in my future if it rides as good as it looks.

Two things stand out for me. No carbon rims, and no brain. Will have to see how this thing rides, I really love the trail tune brain. Looks fantastic, but it seems really close to the enduro now. S-works 650b in my future if it rides as good as it looks.

Yea with figures like that I think it's gonna blast the trail. It has a Pike on it and that is gonna change it a lot I think.

Yea with figures like that I think it's gonna blast the trail. It has a Pike on it and that is gonna change it a lot I think.

I also have the Pike on my 2015 expert. Those short chainstays, now that seems like good fun. Oh well. Suppose we can look forward to riding them.

I also have the Pike on my 2015 expert. Those short chainstays, now that seems like good fun. Oh well. Suppose we can look forward to riding them.

Read one of the reviews earlier and the guys were saying that the 650b is not necessarily quicker than the 29er but a heel of a lot more fun especially if you like to shred the living daylights out of the trail.

These are completely new bikes. The 29ers now have 140mm of front travel and 135mm rear and the 650B's run 150mm travel upfront. Spez have really responded to the market well with the Stumpy FSR range. 

Can't wait to see what they've got planned for the new Camber. I'm hoping they'll take cues from the Kona Process 111 and the Evil The Following - slack geo, short travel and nice and tight rear stays. 

Stumpy is really a great one and only bike to have in the garage, well all bikes like this really are.

Light, decent travel, can pedal well and just a plain ripper of a bike.

More every day/average Joe rider should own a good trail bike at some stage in their lives

Edited by Hairy

I am in the process of saving for a full-sus. The options at present are  as follows:

Giant Anthem X 29er

Scott Spark 950 29er

Giant Trance 27.5 ( jury still out on this, I am 1.94m barefoot )

And now this bad boy has just gone and moered a rather large spanner in the works.

Any thoughts? Price?

[edit] - No worry the price...(cough cough choke) $8900 according to the link...ahem, well okay then.

Anthem it is...

The range starts at $2,900 and goes all the way to $8,900. 

The alu models are excellent value for money. Carbon models are also well priced considering spec and the R&D that's gone into the new frame designs. 

Not sure they can keep hanging the "Stumpjumper FSR" label on it... I mean the bike is miles, miles different from the original. Give it a new name?

There is nothing wrong with evolving a brand name. Many brands have evolved over decades:

- Hilux, Corolla

- BMW 3, 5, 7 series

- Carte Blanche (the TV show) 

- the Cape Epic

- even thehub has evolved