The Hub TdF Fantasy Comp 2015

Frosty

What's likely hurting your score is the loss of Cancellara, Domoulin and now Martin. And like Uni said those doing well at the moment are scoring nicely based on some aggressive white jersey selections.

It's a long Tour though...

3 riders missing? Well theres your problem Adam!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick question

Does one lose the points scored by a rider if that rider is substituted?

Edited by Baldrick

A quick question

Does one lose the points scored by a rider if that rider is substituted?

No, you'll retain points scored up until the substitution. For the riders coming in you'll only score points on them going forward

In prior years points were awarded for the top finishers in each category, i.e. 1st - 15th across the line.

As there are 198 riders it means most of the sprinters were scoring points on the flat stages and the rest weren't getting any. The same for the KOM.

It resulted in many teams picking about 50 riders between the entire field of contestants. People quickly lost interest. The new scoring format gives every rider points based on their overall position in the race, and then the daily prizes are certainly helping in keeping the interest going.

Yes, the WHITE seems to be contributing a bigger portion of the points but look at the time gaps between riders. As this increases, the points get less and less. Also, the favourites in this category will also start moving up.

The same for the GC - with the relatively flat stages, the time gaps are small in the first week (bunch sprint with guys getting the same or a few seconds difference) and get bigger as the Tour progresses through the mountain stages.

There is no perfect formula to award points as the guys leading will say it's great and the guys losing not. I tested the current system using last year's results and the top guys still finished near the top. However, the guys finishing near the bottom that had a few "wildcard" riders in their team got lots of bonus points for having riders in the break and staying away. So they jumped from top 70% to top 15%.

STAGE 08

How will you be scoring points today?

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_victoire_etape.png

Stage finish

1 point per rider if your chosen riders cross the finish line and are classified as a finisher. Today is a MEDIUM stage, with a rating 2/6.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_jaune.png

GC Classification

The GC leader (in yellow) gets 0.1 * No. of Riders that finish the stage, i.e. 186 * 0.1 = 18.6. Everyone else gets points based on their time relative to the winning time. The formula to calculate the points is as follows:

{(1-(((RiderTime/LeaderTime)-1)*10))*Riders*BETA}, where:

·         RiderTime          Rider’s current overall race time

·         LeaderTime       Current race leader’s overall race time

·         Riders                number of riders completing the stage

·         BETAYellow          0.1

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_blanc.png

Young Rider Classification

The White jersey leader gets 0.7 * No. of Riders that finish the stage, i.e. 31 * 0.7 = 21.7 Everyone else gets points based on their time relative to the winning time. The formula to calculate the points is as follows:

{(1-(((RiderTime/LeaderTime)-1)*10))*Riders*BETA}, where:

·         RiderTime           Rider’s current overall race time

·         LeaderTime        Current race leader’s overall race time

·         Riders                  number of riders completing the stage

·         BETAWhite            0.7

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_vert.png

Sprinter’s Classification

One intermediate sprint, with points:

10.0 – 8.5 – 7.5 – 6.5 – 5.5 – 5.0 – 4.5 – 4.0 – 3.5 – 3.0 – 2.5 – 2.0 –1.5 – 1.0 – 0.5

At the finish line, the first 15 finishers score points, with points as follows:

12.5 – 11 – 9.5 – 8.5 – 8.5 – 7.5 – 6.5 – 5.5 – 4.5 – 3.3 – 3 – 2.5 – 2 – 1.5 – 1 – 0.5

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_maillot_a_pois.png

KOM Classification

1 x Cat4 climb, so 1 point for the first rider over the climb.

1 x Cat3 climb, so 2 + 1 points for the first 2 riders over the climb.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_dossard_combativite-antargaz.png

Most Aggressive

Due to the 2/6 rating for today’s stage, the Most Aggressive rider will score 100 points.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/img/page-reglements/enjeux_dossard_equipes-ragt.png

Team Classification

Points are awarded to the top 4 teams at the end of the stage. Points available are as follows:

7 – 4 – 2 – 1        

Bonus Points

1 point is awarded if one or more of your riders is wearing one of the category jerseys, i.e. Yellow, White or Green, as well as the Best Team. If a rider wins more than one jersey, the less important jersey is worn by the next rider on the standing (this rider does not qualify to score points).

Breakaway

20 points per rider in the break.

100 points for every rider in the break that finishes ahead of the peloton.

Daily Prize

Today's prize goes to the person that collects the most points on today's stage. If it's a previous winner of a prize, then we take the next person until we find the highest scoring non-prize winner.

Good luck everyone... 2 more stages before the rest day, and then substitutions can be made. More about that later today or tomorrow.

Edited by Nick

Good news for those with the following riders, who have been reported as being in a break (after the Intermediate sprint point):

15:58 The 17 counter attackers

The 17 riders who have rejoined the four leaders are: Lars Boom (Astana), Jeremy Roy (FDJ), Peter Sagan (Tinkoff), Lars Bak, Thomas de Gendt and André Greipel (Lotto), John Degenkolb, Roy Curvers and Koen de Kort (Giant), Michal Kwiatkowski, Mark Cavendish and Michal Golas (Etixx), Pierre Rolland, Bryan Coquard and Angelo Tulik (Europcar), Frédéric Brun and Pierrick Fédrigo (Bretagne-Séché Environnement).

Not forgetting the four leaders:

13:14 Four in the lead

Four riders united in the lead at km 9: Bartosz Huzarski (Bora-Argon 18), Sylvain Chavanel (IAM Cycling), Romain Sicard (Europcar) and Pierre-Luc Périchon (Bretagne-Séché Environnement). Peloton at 2.15.

The rules for the "break"... it needs to be reported on in the major cycling news websites. live.cyclingnews.com has reported on the break:

16:52:34 CEST

Barguil and Boom are both in the move and this is quite an interesting group with 70km to go. The world champion is also in the break, Sagan too and Rolland. The gap to the field is around 15 seconds. 

However, the Tour website has reported the names, whereas Cyclingnews has not. Either way, the 17 riders listed in post 811 are classified as in the "break".

Jssie Mr Sagan scores me points. . GC point, Green jersey leader points and still White jersey points.. I love this kid.. what would I have if I didn't have him.. No Sagan no party

Edited by Gen

How can you use your substitutes?

On Monday morning - that's when the substitutions will be open for transfer on the day.

You drag and drop your outgoing riders and replace them like you did when selecting your original team.

On Monday morning - that's when the substitutions will be open for transfer on the day.

You drag and drop your outgoing riders and replace them like you did when selecting your original team.

I take it we have to do the subs before 12 hey.