Exciting Enduro lures MTB enthusiasts to KZN Champs

News bot

While downhill racing is often seen as a sport reserved for the brave hearted, the relatively new and exciting concept of Enduro offers everyday MTB riders the opportunity to get a taste of fast flowing tracks and catch some air for those who can. This form of riding, or racing, just blows your mind – whether you are fast or slow there is a place you! So enter now for the KZN Provincial Enduro and Downhill Championships, sponsored by NMI-DSM, which takes place at Cascades MTB Park in Pietermaritzburg on 6 and 7 June respectively.

Click here to view the article

NB - The Enduro Event on Saturday starts at 11am - NOT 12!!!! .... this was an error put in from the first round. Since then the race start has been brought forward!!! This is to accommodate for the numbers in the field

NB - The Enduro Event on Saturday starts at 11am - NOT 12!!!! .... this was an error put in from the first round. Since then the race start has been brought forward!!! This is to accommodate for the numbers in the field

Awesome. I will be at this one. Cannot wait.

Will we be able to ride the stages on Friday?

Looking forward to another rad weekend of gravity driven pedal pleasure!

Gimme a shout if you guys need help on the weekend of 30 -31 May and I'll help where I can.

I will likely go and walk the DH with a blower this weekend as I am away in Germany from the 25th to the 30th ... so will only have the Sunday to do anything that weekend.

I have taken the Friday off before the event though to tape the DH ...

Not sure what DaveD has up his sleeves for the Enduro

Ryan - I highly doubt DaveD will have the stages marked by Friday for you to ride ... but again - chat to him about that.

Unfortunately can't make this weekend as I'm in Lesotho, but perhaps a can sneak off early on the Friday (5 June) and help out if required. 

Sorry the DH Times have changed as well due to numbers and us using the main track which is long and we wouldnt get through in time if we started late.

Here with the PDF of the DOWNHILL PROGRAMME FOR KZN CHAMPS

KZN Downhill Program.pdf

Excited for this!!! Got a good crew coming down from Jozi for this... Started running to get the fitness up as struggled badly after stage 2 a Giba.