Reminder of the UCI Rule 1.2.019 - Forbidden Races

News bot

This rule smacks of self interest and political interference... clearly CSA want a piece of everything.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can guarantee it's not SS champs.

There is no racing happening at that event...well I was certainly not capable of "RACING"

The real event happens at the bar anyways....

Monster and Kremetart both on the calendar.  i heard that CSA told the Kremetart organizers to move the event back from the planned 13 June to the 6th of June

So curiosity got the better of me and I downloaded the document and read what seemed like the relevant sections.

The specific rule "No licence holder may participate in an event that has not been included on a national, continental or world calendar or that has not been recognised by a national federation, a continental confederation or the UCI."

Licence holder means a racing licence and what the UCI call a 'Cycling for All' licence. So everyone who is a member of CSA.

Event is not defined that I could see. They have a whole section on Races and the registration thereof but they only talk about races that have been approved or have applied to be approved. A race is only a race if included on a national or international calendar.

In terms of the specific words in that document, a CSA member could be sanctioned (in their opninion/intent) for participating in a charity fund raising event (possibly even if it was in a different sport.).

IMO, the document is ambiguous and very poorly written. A decent lawyer would pull that to pieces quite easily. (I am not a lawyer but do read a lot of legal docs).

On another Note :

According to this it is not required that you have a full licence to ride in Vets catogories.

Not The Kremetart.

I thought the court Judgement in PPA vs CSA petty much meant that cycling events put on by private organisations did not need any approval from CSA or any other sports body.

So CSA cannot name the event for fear of being sued, but just make threats to their own members which they cannot legally enforce. 

There's also the little matter of the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act 2/2010 which requires police clearance, which requires sanctioning from the national sports body... The two work together and CSA has, according to themselves, had SAPS along to shut down races that don't have their sanction.

There's also the little matter of the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act 2/2010 which requires police clearance, which requires sanctioning from the national sports body... The two work together and CSA has, according to themselves, had SAPS along to shut down races that don't have their sanction.

Read what the  court said:

post-63-0-10346800-1432179373_thumb.jpg

This is a UCI rule not a CSA rule. CSA has to tow the line as a member. Applies all over the world. Was a huge issue in USA about it 2 years ago.

I also think it only applies to racing licenses. I may be wrong.

I do think it' s a daft rule. But then again, aren't a lot of rules in and out of cycling daft !!

seriously? Which races?