The Pure Darkness team visited the Garden Route Trail Park while down to compete in The Night Harvest in March. Rob Dormehl (the man behind the Trail Park) had big plans for their visit and surprised the riders with a gargantuan pit. Rob and the lads set to work to create possibly the biggest mountain bike dirt jump step up Africa has ever seen. Pure Darkness 2 documents the madness that ensued.

Click here to view the article

Absolutely incredible!

Beautiful pictures too.

I don't know exact details, but Rob had a huge wipe out recently. He is in hospital with cracked vertebrae (now plated together) and a cracked pelvis.

I rode there in March (not that section) while they were building the jumps and that wooden platform where they start is fuuuuuuuuuuucking steeeeeeeep!! Just making it to the bottom of that thing without seeing your ring would be an achievement.

I have also stood, jaw on the ground, staring at that drop in. The face of the jump is also virually a vertical wall.

IT IS INSANE!!!!!

Managed to see the guys on the last day, but alas they were leaving.

I was actually there about a month ago, sadly even with the work we put in it was too wet to ride. The roll in tower is crazy steep and looks so gnarly when you up there. i just hit as soon as i got to the top of it, its actually really chilled tbh :P hahaha

next up is the jump 

This is a really crazy jump, and it's so awesome that it is in SA!

But the footage doesn't quite top the crazy fest series edits. The nature of the step up means they are never that far from the landing and there is not that much of a gap. Still awesome though