Original parts

Camber1

Hi 

Can someone please tell me if you take your Specialized bike into a Specialized Concept store are they obliged to replace worn parts (cables, brake pads ect) with original parts or can they use generic?

Would just like to know.

I would have thought if it voids your warranty then they would surely use originals? Regardless of what I have paid them for?

I would have thought if it voids your warranty then they would surely use originals? Regardless of what I have paid them for?

Cables, brake pads and other consumables do not void warranties. As long as an accredited bike shop does the original build then you're fine.

What have you been told? Seems as if you're not telling the whole story and are looking to make some sort of warranty claim here... But then I could be wrong.

Magura brakes come with a two year warranty which is voided when generic pads are used. So I was just wanting to know if anybody knows if an authorized Specialized dealer should be using generic parts... I wont need to make a warranty claim but this very same store told me I need to replace my brakes.. So on checking the pads I noticed generic pads where used after the service last week and the brakes where terrible. I replaced the pads today with original Magura pads and they are as good as new. Just think it is very 'dodgy' that an authorized dealer should be doing this. 

Hmmmm... maybe the pads were duds. There's no discernible reason that the Magyar pads would be "better" unless they're using a different compound, and even then the generics wouldn't damage them - or, rather, shouldn't - as they're designed to be used for those brAkes.

Were the generics a different type? Ie sintered vs resin based? Maybe the generics were touched or corrupted (word loss here) and thus not performing as usual.

Maybe they weren't bedded in properly, which definitely would have meant worse performance

Many different reasons that the ones could be worse than the others, none of which are down to being generic pads.

Thanks for the input...that may be true as to the brake performance. However it voids the warranty as per Magura's warranty conditions so I am still very 'surprised' that an authorized dealer would replace original pads with generic pads as they should be well aware of this...