5 days remaining if you want a Limits power meter for £161

T-Bob

Seems quite an interesting development in the world of power meters. Seems like prices are tumbling everywhere one way or another. 

"Limits power meter smashes funding target; you can still get one if you act quickly. 

The Limits power meter that we told you about last month (http://road.cc/content/news/148808-limits-affordable-power-meter-launches-indiegogo-video) has smashed its funding target on Indiegogo with five days of its campaign remaining. The project currently has pledges from 1,007 contributors amounting to 212% of the US$100,000 (about £65,000) goal. You need to stick at least US$249 (about £161) in the pot to be in line to receive a Limits power meter when they become available at the end of the year."

http://road.cc/content/news/152648-5-days-remaining-if-you-want-limits-power-meter-161

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/limits-the-world-s-smartest-cycling-power-meter#/story

Edited by hellocolour

Just rolled the dice on the $190 version (about R2,200 odd) let's see how it goes come December time. 

There idea is good but I think there time frame is a bit optimistic... lots of technology means lots of bugs to fix. Lets hope they get it right by December... interesting times with regards to power meters

does it come with a spacer for the other pedal or do you order a second unit so you get left & right power ?

ok, found the info. only left leg at the moment but left & right in the future.

Edited by ricochet_rabbit

There was a sort of review on DC rainmaker that made me a bit nervous, he seemed to think the deliver date was incredibly optimistic. 

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/04/limits-power-meter.html

Yeah, for sure. I'm giving it a thumbsuck to see how it goes. I guess funding anything is a gamble to any extent (I must say I haven't read the T&Cs if they just give up!) but lets see how goes. Could be fun!

Lets hope they can deliver...but to put it in perspective, the Garmin Vectors were in R+D for +-3 years before being released for public consumption - that is AFTER they had workable prototypes. Apparently the new PowerTap P1 pedals have also been in the shadows for the last 3 years - AFTER having workable prototypes.

As mentioned in that DC Rainmaker article, anyone can make a PM, but to bring it to market and make it sell-able is completely different story. considering they don't even have a wireless working prototype yet would worry me as a "funder"

• 5 months later...

Dear LIMITS friends,

Today marked a major and highly anticipated milestone for LIMITS.

After months we have been waiting for this moment – our COO, Gordon Drummond, took LIMITS outside for its maiden voyage.

Up until now our outdoor trials have been short bursts run on prototype hardware. This is the first time we are testing LIMITS outdoors and this is a defining time in its development progress.

gxwqtmce2zbesp3ctslq.jpg

Although there is still a lot of work to do this is a significant step forward as it allows us to gather real life data rather than that within the controlled environment of the test lab.

Our engineering team will now analyse the data carefully and work of the necessary adjustments for accuracy and repeatability.

All the best from the LIMITS team and stay tuned for more exciting news on test data and manufacturing, we’ve now entered a new phase for LIMITS!

Yeah... I'm not 100% that I'll get mine before Kris Kringle comes down the chimney! Still pretty excited for when it does turn up.