Show us your KOMs on Strava

Ryno.

they ARE enjoyable, and it will stop me trying to better last weeks PB up the hill on the way home.

didn't work, still went all out. 4s slower up the hill, still, its my second fastest time. Have to see if I can dip below 4min, just need to shave off 5s.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't work, still went all out. 4s slower up the hill, still, its my second fastest time. Have to see if I can dip below 4min, just need to shave off 5s.

4 minutes feels like a life time at an all out effort.

have you tried importing historical data from Strava into it ?

I started GPS logging my rides from 2010 using Cyclemeter on my phone.

Late last year a mate convinced me to upload everything into Strava as I was looking for a place to have all my data. I painstakingly went through the exercise of exporting each individual workout and importing into strava.

I'd like to give final surge a try, but if I cant do a database dump straight into it I'm not about to go through 10 years of activities again.

I know I've replied previously on downloading your data, but I eventually received my file from Strava. 

I need to move my data from WKO4 (now that syncing from TP no longer works) to Golden Cheetah, so I tried the Request Archive in the hope that it would work. It did... 580MB worth of data. BOOM!

Go to Settings, My Account. Scroll down

post-1372-0-82923300-1591443510_thumb.png

post-1372-0-50638000-1591443630_thumb.png

Edited by Frosty

• 2 weeks later...

Stalked someone for the first time on Strava today.

Phoned a customer that I dealt with yesterday, got his voice mail, he phoned me back saying he just got off the bike, he'll call me back shortly.

So I Strava stalked him. He did an indoor ride of 50km.

Sitting at the computer, coughing like mad. The wife says I must go shower before I get sick... making reference to my coughing after my recently completed, lunch time ride. She doesn’t understand cycling jargon, and that specific feeling after going:

Balls to the walls;

On an all out effort.

She also doesn’t understand what getting a KOM, or two, means, as well as a few PBs.

Sitting at the computer, coughing like mad. The wife says I must go shower before I get sick... making reference to my coughing after my recently completed, lunch time ride. She doesn’t understand cycling jargon, and that specific feeling after going:

Balls to the walls;

On an all out effort.

She also doesn’t understand what getting a KOM, or two, means, as well as a few PBs.

So which KOMs did you get ?

I got a KOC today ( King Of the Couch)

So which KOMs did you get ?

I got a KOC today ( King Of the Couch)

Phillips + Odendaal, and then Odendaal only.

I misjudged the "finish line" and sat up three driveways too early. 

Went back for a second attempt and could only muster the same time.

I also misjudged the wind direction, as the first 1Km of Phillips was a cross-head wind.

• 1 month later...

finally dipped below 4 minutes last night, I faded near the top, but I think that was more mental as I was looking at my time and thought I was over 4 minutes.

4b37400fe244fe1f4e3d4df7c594ba62.jpg

Now I’m keen to try it without an extra 5kg strapped to my back.

Edited by ouzo

finally dipped below 4 minutes last night, I faded near the top, but I think that was more mental as I was looking at my time and thought I was over 4 minutes.

Where is this hill? I'm go look at it today when I ride...

I got flagged the other day, first time I get a KOM, In fact I got a couple. It clearly upset a whole bunch of people when I forgot my garmin on like a noob, and drove home....

Where is this hill? I'm go look at it today when I ride...

Strava has the segment as North Reef Highway View.

I'm nowhere near the fastest, this is a personal goal. (Although I saw last night of all the people that rode it yesterday I was the fastest). I'm sure you will blitz my time.

I got flagged the other day, first time I get a KOM, In fact I got a couple. It clearly upset a whole bunch of people when I forgot my garmin on like a noob, and drove home....

Don’t be a fool, use the cropping tool.

I'm nowhere near the fastest, this is a personal goal. (Although I saw last night of all the people that rode it yesterday I was the fastest). I'm sure you will blitz my time.

Just checked strava, my best time on there is not great. 3:45. 

The amount of guys that leave their garmins on when leaving modders is crazy. I have some koms in the area and regularly get that uh oh message. I go check the ride and see its a ride in the reserve followed by a high speed drive out and usually onto the highway.

Just checked strava, my best time on there is not great. 3:45. 

3:26 waaaay back in 2014 for me. I would probably do it in double that time now. I am a free strava user so can only see the top 10, I am sure a sub 4 min is still pretty high up the leader board as the top 10 are mostly very good licensed riders.

3:26 waaaay back in 2014 for me. I would probably do it in double that time now. I am a free strava user so can only see the top 10, I am sure a sub 4 min is still pretty high up the leader board as the top 10 are mostly very good licensed riders.

Yeah, mine was from 2017. We definitely ride that down a lot more than up. I see the leaderboard is guys I have the edge on with a few more KOM's in the area, so I reckon I could get into that bracket with a little effort.