Why Lance Armstrong is just like you and me

News bot

Do you remember first hearing about Lance Armstrong? Do you remember what you felt? The shock, the anger, the betrayal? Consider for a moment if you will, that the only reason you felt that was because his behaviour reminded you too much of yourself.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seconds out: 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...... or is it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 yellow shirts hanging on the wall   :eek:

since the French haven't won LeTour since '85, do you think they would have given the title to a 2nd placed Frenchman?

Sorry guys, that pic is not me but of my cycling partner, Jo Story. I did take the pic though, honest!

what a load of crap.

"something bad. Let me tell you about the bad: I become a bully; I become self-righteous, I cut in front of people and I shoot red robots for the fun of it because - I tell myself - that the rules don’t apply to me."

speak for yourself dude!

sorry pal im none of those things on a bike(or in life) it seems it was just Lance who was a lying cheat and the two of you who are bullys on your bikes

I know you have to write about something edgy to get in print but really this is what you came up with ......

what a load of crap.

"something bad. Let me tell you about the bad: I become a bully; I become self-righteous, I cut in front of people and I shoot red robots for the fun of it because - I tell myself - that the rules don’t apply to me."

speak for yourself dude!

+1

Just because you do it, doesn't mean we all do.

The article and its "massage" has virtually no relevance to Armstrong. Cheap clickbait. 

If we extrapolate on this "message" by the author, we are all the same as Jacob Zuma, because we are angered by Nkandla. 

I'm sorry, Simon, but this piece doesn't fly. 

The problem with Lance is that while he might not have been the only guilty one, he was just a massive D005 about the whole thing.

now this is just a desperate act trying to score some clicks. much respect for riding the continent.