On Test: Giant Propel Advanced 2

Nick

Giant first entered the aero road bike game in 2013 with the launch of their Propel Advanced SL. Tests showed that, at 40 kph, the Propel Advanced SL saves 12-36 seconds over 40 kilometres. Third-party wind-tunnel tests showed that the Propel Advanced SL is more aerodynamic from every yaw angle tested when compared to other leading aero road bikes.

Click here to view the article

I guess that time gain will probably be negated when you slap on two bottle cages and bottles?

as i said on the awesome thread, there is a bloke on somerset west who has a white one. Flip it looks the job !!! Should anybody ever donate one to me I might have to go for a PB on the thing

Would like to see what a XL looks like.

Some bikes look good as S or M but looses it's hot-ness when it grows.

I guess that time gain will probably be negated when you slap on two bottle cages and bottles?

Not necessarily, plenty of aero bottles and cages available.

that rear tyre looks like it spent a lot of time on an IDT...

Kemp, if you 'testing' in my hood, let me know. keen to get a feel for that bit of farmgate hotness.

and throw that hottie on the scale please!

I have a Venge but there is just something about the propel.

I would also love to have a test ride on 1.

"Tests showed that, at 40 kph, the Propel Advanced SL saves 12-36 seconds over 40 kilometres." - Is it just me or does this not make sense at all? At 40 kph even the heaviest, bulkiest bike you can find will still do 40km in one hour. If they said at 40kph it saves a certain amount of energy over 40km i.e. less work done by drag, that would make sense.

Either way, I must agree, it is a good looking bike.

"Tests showed that, at 40 kph, the Propel Advanced SL saves 12-36 seconds over 40 kilometres." - Is it just me or does this not make sense at all? At 40 kph even the heaviest, bulkiest bike you can find will still do 40km in one hour. If they said at 40kph it saves a certain amount of energy over 40km i.e. less work done by drag, that would make sense.

Either way, I must agree, it is a good looking bike.

yeah, it should be saying that at X watts, the Propel saved 12-36 seconds over 40km.... 

that rear tyre looks like it spent a lot of time on an IDT...

Kemp, if you 'testing' in my hood, let me know. keen to get a feel for that bit of farmgate hotness.

and throw that hottie on the scale please!

Will do and will do.