Training watched needed! Please help

AllAboutRides

Hi there!

If you already have a Garmin Edge 810 cycling device, but you want a training watch for other sports, what device or sports watch would you get?

The main things I want in a watch:

1. GPS tracking while training outside

2. Heart Rate Monitor

3. Indoor running and cycling features to monitor Heart Rate

4. Interval training for running

5. User friendly

6. All day wearable watch

Please send me your thoughts and opinions!

Happy training!

Polar RCX5 baie happy, I use to do only mtb'ing and it is still my first choice, but joined the trail running theme and i must say the Polar comes in very handy. Used the RCX3 at first but it did not had build in GPS. RCX5 highly recommended.

Edited by Disco man

Fenix 2 (old model reduced pricing) or 3 (if you feel the need to also go to a dinner party with it).

Very versatile-used for run (trail and track), cycle,swim ( pool and outside) and fly. Also has HALO options...WTF?!

I have the Edge 510 and also needed a running/fitness watch. Bought the Polar M400. Buy of the year! Can do running intervals and specific gym exercise modes. Vivoactive cannot do either yet. M400 also doubles as an activity tracker which I find surprisingly useful.

In my honest humble opinion, I bought a Tom Tom ...

Provides for

HRM - certain models integrated so no need for strap

Swimming laps

GPS

Treadmill

I use the speed and cadence sensor on my road bike ... The gps speed on the watch for my mtb

Can upload to almost any fitness format, incl. Strava

Excellent value for money, and if the strap breaks you can replace the strap ... Not like some Garmins?

I am also looking for something in this category.  Wish I had the moola for the Fenix 3, it is a bonus that it is a good looking watch as well.

Suunto 3 sports watch. Built in GPS - every need!

Great battery life

Hi Bman,does the Suunto support Android devices and software?  What upload method is used to sinc with other devices?cheers

Sure does, used to be only for IOS - apple, but now fully compatible with android too.

Upload via cable or Bluetooth.

Watch is awesome!

Hi Bman,does the Suunto support Android devices and software?  What upload method is used to sinc with other devices?cheers

See below, wait or now above..... :thumbup: