Cycling SA membership valid for a full year, all year round

News bot

The new changes to the Cycling SA membership structure has witnessed an influx of members already in the early part of 2015. By shaping the membership to last a full 12-month period means that avid cyclists can purchase their membership at any time during the year and enjoy the full benefits, particularly with the road cycling season ready to gain momentum again from August. Taking out a membership in June means that you only need renew again next year June.

Click here to view the article

Glad I logged onto CSA.co.za, oh wait I didn't.

I hope CSA are at least paying thehubsa for the constant updates.

This is worse than certain advertisers in the classifieds beating the same dead horse.

Hi, seems like a decent enough offer to me, but I'm obviously missing something here. Please can someone educate the uneducated (me)? It's not much cover, but for someone with no medical aid, I'd expect that it would be a big help for minor incidents requiring treatment.

Edited by nasu

Is it better to buy a year licence from them in stead of buying day licences for events? The only event that i enter that requires me to buy my day permit is the K2C...

I also need to understand the requirement for this license, as all races say that you need to present it, but I have never needed to present it ... talking about USN/monster etc MTB races.

I also need to understand the requirement for this license, as all races say that you need to present it, but I have never needed to present it ... talking about USN/monster etc MTB races.

I ride/race road and MTB and have also never shown anyone my license.

a lot of online entries validate your license when you pay online - if you dont have a license it will prompt you to purchase a day license in addition to the race fee. Obviously late entries on the day they will ask you if you have a license and may request you to present it

basically they have inserted themselves into our sport and force us to pay them one way or another and then have the nerve to claim they represent us

csa are politicians and when they get done playing with the other politicians we will all be riding bikes with number plates on and having to do proficiency tests and pay and pay and pay ...

its coercion dressed up as a service :ph34r: