Big guns loaded for National Marathon Champs battle

News bot

On Saturday the 2015 National Mountain Bike Champions will be crowned in what promises to be a spectacular showdown at the fourth round of the Ashburton Investments National MTB Series. The event doubles as the South African Mountain Bike Marathon Championships powered by Stihl and will take place at the Van Gaalen Cheese Farm, Skeerpoort, in the North West Province.

Click here to view the article

Holding thumbs for Reid and De Groot. 

Going to be a tough race for all the pro's - very strong field. 

On the ladies side I reckon Arianne will obviously win with Cherise in 2nd (claiming the title). If she can be within 10min of Arianne I reckon she can be extremely happy

On the men's side I think the tussle will be between Reid and Kleynhans. Sure will be a tough race both sides

Would be interesting seeing the Kleynhans' in two different national jerseys...

On the ladies side I reckon Arianne will obviously win with Cherise in 2nd (claiming the title). If she can be within 10min of Arianne I reckon she can be extremely happy

On the men's side I think the tussle will be between Reid and Kleynhans. Sure will be a tough race both sides

Arianne is in Switzerland preparing for Swiss National champs.

It should be quite a tussle between Cherise and Robyn. I wonder what sort of gains Cherise got riding Sani with Ariane. Should've benefited her and looks like she is hitting some good form. Robyn is always a class act so it should be good race.

The young guns impressed again at Albstadt last weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if James takes it again. That being said, Kleinhans, Bell, etc. have all been in good form since Epic. Eirk has also been around for Magalies Monster, showing that he is putting in some prep in the Magalies, specifically with nationals in mind, I would assume.

Should be a good race. I'll be chasing the ladies... from batch D... :blush:

Arianne is in Switzerland preparing for Swiss National champs.

Then I must have read the article wrong!

Then I must have read the article wrong!

Must have, mentions nothing of Ariane racing tomorrow. Just refers to her riding Sani2c with Cherise previously.

Must have, mentions nothing of Ariane racing tomorrow. Just refers to her riding Sani2c with Cherise previously.

True! My mistake. Just reading what I want there to be. Maybe I developed ADHD