Nutribullet

Just a heads up- you're not meant to blend apple seeds, peach seeds and a few others as they contain cyanide.

Quote from Nutribullet themselves: "Apple seeds, cherry pits, peach pits, apricot pits, plum pits, avocado pits. These pits contain harmful chemicals that release cyanide into the body when ingested"

Clearly you skipped the instructions :D

And yet apricot pips are touted as a miracle food? They got the cyanide part almost right, but far from harmful chemicals in the natural state. As far as I'm aware. Will look into it

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth the cash, blenders can't touch it and 900watt one is the bomb. Smoothies for life and washing of it way easier!

Even seems to make the smoothies taste better with same ingredients? Have all the best blenders Kenwood, Hamilton etc and Nutribullet gets used over them all!

Yup.. The missus came home with one a couple of years ago and I thought 'another thing to sit about collecting dust...'

Oh no sir! Even for really lazy me the cleaning and ease of use as well as the texture is a rad thing to have and spends it's life on the counter.

A blender schmender.

It is awesome

Recently acquired a 900 w Nutribullet.

It's nice, and a very convenient way to chug down 900 cal in one sitting. Beats eating raw veggies.

PS: Kale still tastes revolting. Nutribullet does not change that.

LOL, in no uncertain terms I've been told before that this green hipster stuff is disgusting. I think I'll take your word for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the genius lies in the design of the cup, which forces the contents directly onto the blades. Too many blenders/food processors have larger round bowls which are not nearly as effective.

So as not to start another topic, I am resurrecting this one.

We have a Kenwood New York Smoothie Maker and were looking at a Nutribullet. Now from what I can see, the Nutribullet does it's business in the glass that you will drink out of whereas the smoothie maker will blend and then you need to decant into a glass. 

Both have 4 blades that spin and chop/blend/pulp. I haven't compared speeds etc but power wise it's 500W (Kenwood)vs 600W (Nutribullet)

To my untrained eye, both should do the same thing. Any reason I should drop the cash and buy the Bullet?

I know Im late to the party but I have the Kenwood smoothie too, it works really well but its a pita to clean, especially the tap area. I stopped using it after a short while because of that.

I was gifted a nutribullet a few months ago and its just so much more practical. My wife and I make up the smoothie container the night before with what we each want and then pop it in to blitz in the morning, pop a lid on and take it to work.

Cleaning is an absolute breeze which is a big win in my books.

Been using the Kenwood lately for smoothies in the morning and yes cleaning is a PITA... still need to try some other stuff.

Must say I just assumed this was a gimmick to some degree, but having looked into it and read plenty of reviews, it seems a rock solid product. Not found a bad thing said about it pretty much anywhere. Need to start dropping stronger hints to the wife - I've become a huge smoothie fan, but my old stainless steel handheld blender is not going to make it too much further - it's done well frankly to survive being used pretty much every day for a year... but it's starting to show.

I am contemplating getting one but not sure if it is worth it. I have a blender and juicer but this is something between the 2. Currently I use both the juicer and the blender. Blender for shakes and stuff and juicer for the odd green juices few times a week. If I understand correctly this combines best of both worlds. Do any of you use 1? Is it worth paying R1800-R2000 for this?

Nutribullet is awesome. fast and easy to clean. I take it to work. you just pop the lid on.

we bit the bullet a few years back and bought an omniblender (2200w). omniblend.co.za .

There is nothing it cant blend. Fantastic for soup too.

We bought the Baby Bullet (same company), to help with our baby's food.

Worked well for about 2 months. 

Seal and blades broke. Currently looking for spares as they have been discontinued.

• 1 year later...

I got the 600w Nutribullet and enjoy using it a lot.

It provides an easy way to get in veggies that u

I wouldn't normally want to eat. One just has to watch your calories when adding fruit (or rather make it a meal replacement).

I have seen videos of people making nut butters, like almond, with their bullets. But those were all using the 900w version.

I'm wondering, what do you guys think, will the 600w be able to make nut butters?

Also, has anyone tried making baby food with a Bullet?

I got the 600w Nutribullet and enjoy using it a lot.

It provides an easy way to get in veggies that u

I wouldn't normally want to eat. One just has to watch your calories when adding fruit (or rather make it a meal replacement).

I have seen videos of people making nut butters, like almond, with their bullets. But those were all using the 900w version.

I'm wondering, what do you guys think, will the 600w be able to make nut butters?

Also, has anyone tried making baby food with a Bullet?

Been using the 600W for over a year now and its sufficient for my fruit smoothies made with yoghurt and frozen fruit. If I had a choice again I would buy the 900W.

I have both, the 600 does the job but the bigger one is amazing (both bought with ebucks) I like gadgets so I have a fancy juicer and a nice blender which both live in the cupboard since the nutribullet arrived. Just seems to get the texture better IMO

It's a blender. Or a lifestyle choice depending on which infomercial convinced you to put the other blenders, juicers, jackie chan muscle trainers, vibe gym stuff away. 

It's stuff. smashed up. In a plastic cup #revolutionary.