Rollers or something

epoh

I don't want to look like a pro or anything before a race but I think I need rollers or something to warm up. I found that it takes me sometimes 30km to warm up before I can start riding hard.

For example this Dischem race with some of the climbs in the early parts of the race, it is the worst kind of race for me eh! If they were at the end no problem, ill sprint up them. Tongue

A lot of the races they go hectic hard at the start and then I am not warmed up and i go boooonk! And them I am like wtf I can do this@!#$@! What is wrong with mee aaaaaargggggghh!!!

I dunno how you oke's do it eh! But I see the guys that have been riding for a while are much better at it, they dont even have to warm up.

Riding around for a few turns before a race doesnt do anything for me.

Where do I buy rollers and how much do they go for ? Any other recommendations ?

Try ridding to the races, or if you travel with someone get them to drop you 10-15km away from race and take a very easy ride there.

Big%20smile

I warm up on an indoor trainer....do not have rollers....works for me.

ClownCOFFEE IS ALSO GOOD.........no just kidding.

"DTThumbs%20Up"

Hey epoh why dont I hold your back wheel in the air while you pedal like made in the start pen, that should get you warm! LOL

Hey epoh why dont I hold your back wheel in the air while you pedal like made in the start pen' date=' that should get you warm! LOL

[/quote']

LOL

epoh2006-09-21 08:53:43

Yeah get some rollers, wake up really early (like 3:30 / 4 am), and warm up for an hour or so. It also gives you a chance to eat a decent breakfast!

Thats what i do..

Can I watch Epoh try them out for the first time? Evil%20Smile LOL

Me Too !!! Just keep him pointing away from the Vito, don't want any dents. Wink

Can I watch Epoh try them out for the first time? Evil%20Smile LOL

Me Too !!! Just keep him pointing away from the Vito' date=' don't want any dents. Wink

[/quote']

Will pay for the video!!!! LOLLOLLOL

ewep2006-09-22 01:35:54

Epoh' date=' I've got some rollers, will take them with so you can try 'em out[/quote']

Awesome Cruxie, bring them with.. let's see if I can stay upright LOL ..eek! If it is not too bad I will get myself some. Cruxie, how is your roller kung foo? Can you teach me ehhe

Yeah get some rollers' date=' wake up really early (like 3:30 / 4 am), and warm up for an hour or so. It also gives you a chance to eat a decent breakfast!

Thats what i do..
[/quote']

are you SERIOUS? you earn 10.000 rands for each race you do? Confused

epoh, trying out rollers for the first time right before a big race like the dischem is not very clever!!!! You're gonna burn so much energy in the effort to stay upright!!! you may be fine up the first few hills and then when you get to Hekpoort your'e gonna be toast.  Rather use a indoor tomorrow and learn to ride rollers on your own time!!!

It takes a while to get get accustomed to Rollers, but once you get the hang of it, you hooked.

Just dont brake like you normally will for stopping, just stop pedally and unclip Wink

You may just find out what the slingshot effect really means LOL

I use Tacx rollers but also have Giant station trainer.

So did the rollers work Epoh?  I also have trouble getting warmed up before a race and would be interested to know what the difference would be between the rollers and indoor trainer for warming up before the race?

Hi

Chilli,

Yeah, I reckon it made a hugh difference. If I am not warmed up I cannot follow

the accelerations if they go hard from the gun. This time we were in a mini

break after the first climb (at the start) and I managed to follow and lead it

up there without suffering.

Without warming up I would have suffered up there wondering what is wrong and I

would have ended up missing the break probably  Cry

I don't know what the difference is between rollers and an indoor trainer for

warming up. I do not own either hehe! I think the rollers are more fun though Big%20smile They worked pretty well, no doubt.