Aluminium MTB Frame Repair

SpruitCommuter

I'm looking for someone who can do aluminium frame repair in Johannesburg - preferably around Northcliff.

I had some bad luck and reversed into something with my bike on the back. The results are not nice to look at - see below pictures. The frame is bent as is the back wheel and disc brake.

Bike is a large 2014 Scott Scale 960.

Any recommended repairers?

Thanks in advance

post-77769-0-38774200-1434178642_thumb.jpg

post-77769-0-95914800-1434178647_thumb.jpg

post-77769-0-36399300-1434178652_thumb.jpg

I would suggest perhaps just buy a new rear triangle. Will probably be either cheaper, or cost the same as the repair, but it will be brand new, not botched back together.

That rim is stuffed. Buy a new one.

By the looks of the photos, it looks like its a hard-tail...

If you've insurance on the bike, it might be wise to see if you can claimed from them.

Thanks for the input. It is a hardtail - I presume replacing the rear-triangle is only applicable to a soft tail?

Advice on rim noted :(

Aaai, that sucks. Frame and wheel is toast. Wheel might be saved with a new rim, but the frame is FUBAR.

Take the wheel to Neville at linden cycles for an opinion - seen him fix worse - depends on the damage.

Strip the frame and take it to ampandy - seen him do some good work - whats the worst that can happen?

and prepare to fund a repaint or touch up - there is a guy in jhb who can do it.

Thanks for the input - I'll see what replacement frames are going to cost - probably means new seat post and some other components though...

.........I had some bad luck and reversed into something with my bike on the back..............

Yoh man, that must have been a horrible feeling! Sorry for you!

I would also recommend roughly what V12 Man said. Get a trusted professional to look at the frame and the wheel and then make the call. It is not possible to do that just from pictures. Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst! 

There are so many cheap, good condition hardtail frames on the Hub. Rather buy one of those, it will be cheaper than a repair.

If you repair your frame, there will always be this little nag at the back of your mind, that something will break or collapse whilst doing high speed decending.