[Resolved] EasyBike...never say never again :)

Xerious

Well, I am not someone to easily complain about bad service, but EasyBike has made my blood boil with my last order which is still being processed after 1 month and 2 weeks! So here follows my rant for the year...

They do not take any responsibility for getting an order delivered to a customer and the onus falls on you as a customer to always try and follow up and lick their behinds for any information. And the only information that you will get from them is a lot of useless excuses.

I've placed my order for the following items on the 7th May 2015:

Stan's NoTubes Tire Sealant (946ml) x 1

Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo PaceStar 26 x 2.25'' TL-Ready x 2

Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo PaceStar 26 x 2.25'' TL-Easy x 2

Here are the responses after numerous(!!!) requests for information regarding my order (which I've left out)

---------------------------------------------------------

On the 22 May:

"I have been away working on the Sani2C and Joberg2C and I am busy catching up on emails and requests at the moment. I am sorry for the late reply." and "We are expecting our next shipment of these tyres to arrive in with us at the end of next week and your order will be dispatched as soon as they arrive."

On 1 June:

"We have received in stock from our suppliers however we are still waiting for the Schwalbe Nobby Nic tyres to arrive. We will be receiving in stock again on Wednesday/Thursday this week."

On 16 June:

"According to my system and records your order has already been dispatched and is with our couriers. It however was dispatched on the 8th June 2015 and our system has not been updated with tracking details."

On 18 June:

"They are busy with a warehouse search for your order and one other that were both sent on the same say and are now missing.

I will let you know the details shortly as they should be finished with this by 4:00pm today.

I have also been checking on stock of the Schwalbe Tyres and as I would like to send through a replacement order to you because this order is now taking too long and it looks like the shipment has been misplaced.

We currently have the Snakeskin version tyres available and the standard non Snakeskin tyres will be in stock again next week"

and

"I received and update from our couriers late this afternoon.

Unfortunately they have been unable to locate the parcel and we will now take this up with them and sort out the missing parcel with them.

No problem I will check on stock and availability tomorrow.

- 2 x Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo Snakeskin 26 x 2.25

- 2 x Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evo Snakeskin 26 x 2.25

I will double check the stock tomorrow and have your order sent out to you."

--------------------------------------------

I haven't received any feedback whatsoever regarding the stock status of these tyres as per the last response and I've even allowed them to up sell me to the snakeskin versions! Mr Walsh's cellphone number is also not working.

Thanks EasyBike, I guess some customers are happy with your absolute CRAP service, but this will be the last time that I'll be supporting you. I've wasted enough time.

Edit: Title changed from "never ever again!!" to "never say never again :)"

Edited by Xerious

Sounds more like a courier issue to me, not EasyBike. Have I missed something?

It sounds like a bunch of codswallop from EasyBike.

You initially placed an order for Pacestars and now they want to send you Snakeskins? If you screw a customer around, at least send them what they have ordered. 

On face value I have to agree with you. I would like to hear their story though.

I'll be happy to post our complete e-mail conversation.

It sounds like a bunch of codswallop from EasyBike.

You initially placed an order for Pacestars and now they want to send you Snakeskins? If you screw a customer around, at least send them what they have ordered. 

I am okay with the Snakeskins and told Matthew to send them instead of waiting for new stock on the Pacestars which they are expecting next week since I don't want to go through this whole ordeal again.

I've opted for the Snakeskins after this reply on 18 June:

"We currently have the Snakeskin version tyres available and the standard non Snakeskin tyres will be in stock again next week."

Was considering buying from them but this is not good. Agree with the above about at least getting what you ordered for such a long wait.

Had a similar experience with CWC, they only send one of my items, and 'forgot' to send the other item, but on the delivery sticker on it states 2 items, I went off on the poor delivery service, and it was actually someone who can not count at CWC. They called me on a bad time and I was easy on them, if they only called the next morning I would have told them what I think of them. Still waiting for my 2nd item...

Edited by The MTBer

Sorry to hear that. Bought a couple of Conti ProTektion tyres a while ago. By far the cheapest place in SA to buy them. Didn't have any of these problems.

I bought 2 sets of pedals as well as a chain through them. Didn't have a single problem. got my items delivered 2 days after I placed the order...

Had a similar experience with CWC, they only send one of my items, and 'forgot' to send the other item, but on the delivery sticker on it states 2 items, I went off on the poor delivery service, and it was actually someone who can not count at CWC. They called me on a bad time and I was easy on them, if they only called the next morning I would have told them what I think of them. Still waiting for my 2nd item...

Had the same thing with evobikes. Two months later after a few emails and them never contacting me I cancelled the 2nd item and asked for a refund on it. Ordered from CWC and it arrived the next morning.

Those kinds of experiences stick with you though, so as much as Im told evobikes are great Im probably going to stick with CWC in future.

*** always happens. Its how you fix the problem that counts to me. Lying is not tolerated. Hope this isn't the case.

It seems you have asked for items that might be difficult to source (decent 26" tires). On the other hand...if the items were genuinely dispatched to a courier, you would have been given a waybill/tracking number. Difficult to tell if they have been stringing you along until they source the items or there was a genuine courier problem. I would have cancelled my order and asked a refund far sooner.

Haha, yes I still enjoy my good ol' 26er but tyres is starting to be a problem.  Looking at the replies it seems that the whole online ordering thing is a bit of a hit and miss and up until now I was lucky.

I was definitely thinking of cancelling the order but I was hoping for a good outcome as well.  Will wait until Monday and see what Matthew has to say and then I might go that route.  I will update the thread with the outcome.

Can anyone refer me to a bike shop in Pta that stocks these tyres?  I'll have to take some time off and go shopping since I need these by next weekend.

Thanks

An update:

It looks like I might have the good outcome that I've hoped for and I think EasyBike handled it very well in the end.

They offered to send three of the tyres today and the outstanding Nobby Nic when they receive stock but I went with the 2.4 one which was in stock.

Although I find it difficult to accept these tyres at no extra charge I do appreciate them offering it and it looks like they do care about customer service. I'm also happy with the items that I'll receive.

Lesson from this order: follow up frequently and send the email to all the EasyBike addresses.

Here is Matthew's latest response:

"Hi xxxxx

I dropped off your order this evening with Aramex Express (www.aramex.co.za). You should have received or will receive the tracking details shortly.

We have been using another courier however with a few parcels going missing or not delivered correctly recently we have changed back to what has worked for us in the past until we have followed up and found out what exactly has been going wrong.

I dispatched the following items to you.

-          2 x Schwalbe Racing Ralph Snakeskin 26 x 2.25

-          1 x Schwalbe Nobby Nic Snakeskin 26 x 2.25

-          1 x Schwalbe Nobby Nic Snakeskin 26 x 2.4

Don’t worry about the change to you order. You will receive these tyres at no extra charge."

"I am sorry for the inconvenience caused in having this order delivered to you.

I have included a Voucher below for Free Shipping on your next order should you wish to place an order again with us.

-          Coupon Code: xxxxxxxxx

Let me know if there is anything else we can assist with."