Opening Weekend of Hero Adventure @ Hobby Park  10 July 2015

Hero adventure are proud to announce the opening of our 3rd Hero Adventure Park .

Hero Adventure @ Hobby Park is situated in Rangeview Krugersdorp on the Corner of    Lud Herch and Robert Broom Drive .

Opening Weekend

1. 10 July ( Friday) Jozi Night Series ( 4pm till late )

·      3km kiddies race  : 5:30pm

·      5km Trial Run : 6:15pm

·      10km Trail Run : 6:15pm

·      20km MTB : 6:45pm

·      10km Mtb 7 :00pm

·      lots of great music and entertainment

·      There will be burgers ,  Borrie Rolls ,cold rinks and hot chocolate on sale

·      You are welcome to bring your own Braai , Picnic and Drinks

·      Don’t Forget your Lights , Blankets and Chairs if you need

1. 11 July ( Saturday)

·      5km Guided Fun  Trail Run  : 7:30am Start

·      10km Guided Fun Trail Run : 7:30am Start

·      All Trails Will be open to enjoy for the rest of the day

·      Fun Water points , jumping castles and lots of great entertainment

1. 12 July ( Sunday )

·      10km Guided fun MTB Outride 8:30am Start

·      20km Guided Fun MTB Outride 8:30am Start

·      All Trails Open to enjoy for the rest of the day

·      Fun Water points , jumping castles and lots of entertainment

There will be food on sale at the venue , but you are welcome to bring a braai or picnic basket and enjoy the day with us

Please note there are a number of other activities on offer at the park including: Mountain Biking , Trail Running , Functional Training , Paintball , 4X4 Track , Fishing and lots more . so bring the family or a bunch of mates and have a great day out

Why Hobby Park

Since we started with the Hero Adventure concept our vision was always to create a multi sport venue that not only has something to offer a variety of people , but a fun place that guests could feel excited to visit . Our 1st Park is a growing success and the decision and opportunity to open more parks at other venues presented itself , so we decided to bite the bullet and take the chance

For us its not about been loud and shouting from the rooftops , its about listening to our supporters and over time developing a venue that they want . Features they dream of taking on and events they want to compete in .

When we opened the 1st Venue . Hero Adventure @ Heia Safari just over 15 months ago we had been developing the trails for over 10 months before we opened , and that was just the start , the real building , changes and moulding was and continues since then .

We opened our 2nd Park in Ballito KZN , Hero Adventure @ Sugar Rush about 2 months ago and the same applies to this venue , a work in progress

Hero Adventure @ Hobby Park is much the same as the above . The Venue and Land we are able to use is not big and over time we will probably only get around 40km of trails , but to us that is great , this park gives us the opportunity to develop something different , we want these 40km of trails to blow you away .

By the Opening on 10 July there will 4 different trails , all varying distances and difficulties , but we have tried to ensure there is a trail for everyone

On Offer :

·      Mountain Biking Trails

·      Trail Running Trails

·      Functional training facilities

·      Paint Ball , Airsoft and Target Shooting

·      4X4 Trail

·      Fishing

As with our other venues this is just the beginning and the real work starts from the opening , we look forward to you guys giving the park a go and more importantly as always your feedback , from there we listen and hopefully mould this park into something everyone can enjoy

From 10 July Hero adventure @  Hobby Park Will be open the Following times during Winter

·      Tuesday –Thursday 8am – 5pm

·      Friday – Sunday 6:30am – 5pm

·      Public Holidays 6:30am – 5pm

Please check out our social media pages for details on entries , events and all updates

HERO ADVENTURE TEAM

Congrats on the new opening!

WIll have to check it out...

If its anything like Heia, I'm sure you'll make a success out of it.

the first park that I can ride to, around and home again without having to use the car!!!!

Same here , BUT , they are charging R100 for a ride . Been there this morning and spoke to a chap by the name of Mike . Asked him twice to avoid confusion with coming opening event . A french? lady a the back of the office confirmed the charge . R250 , of you want to do the 4x4 course. Gave it a miss.

Same here , BUT , they are charging R100 for a ride . Been there this morning and spoke to a chap by the name of Mike . Asked him twice to avoid confusion with coming opening event . A french? lady a the back of the office confirmed the charge . R250 , of you want to do the 4x4 course. Gave it a miss.

surely the R100 is for the night series race tonight, and not a casual Saturday ride?

Jees okes , if we were charging R100 , or mores R250  for a day pass then believe me there would be Berms the size of friggin walls , and a tunnel under the main road :) .there was obviously some miscommunication . all the Hero Adventure Parks have the same day pass rate . R40.00 

the Jozi Night Series Event on the 10th July is more , but that is obviously a event . hope this helps and sorts the stuff out . there are a couple of other activities at Hobby like 4x4 , paintball and and and , they are different charges and could be more 

Jees okes , if we were charging R100 , or mores R250  for a day pass then believe me there would be Berms the size of friggin walls , and a tunnel under the main road :) .there was obviously some miscommunication . all the Hero Adventure Parks have the same day pass rate . R40.00 

the Jozi Night Series Event on the 10th July is more , but that is obviously a event . hope this helps and sorts the stuff out . there are a couple of other activities at Hobby like 4x4 , paintball and and and , they are different charges and could be more

Fire Mike and the french lady in the back office !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to squeeze in a little ride this sunday at the park, AMAZING!!

Although I only got to experience the Blue and green route (before my BB decided it has had enough) I was very impressed. You can tell from the course design that it has the same style as Heia Safari which can only mean great things to come.

The tracks are very dry due to lack of rain but when the heavens open it is going to make this track super sweet for fast paced, technical riding. Chasing your mates or even your own times at this track is going to be a blast.

For those of you who have ridden at the Hobby Park in the past, I believe the addition on the new cut tracks has made this a place to reckon with.

The rest of the park looks great and the hospitality was top notch. 

Good luck to Hero Adventure and the guys at Hobby Park with this on. I will definitely be back for more.

• 1 month later...

Done the blue route on Monday and it was a blast and it would probably just improve as the earth moving equipment was still fine tuning some stuff. It is no longer the usual dirt roads and it is worth paying to ride here now. Nice access from my house!

Done the blue route on Monday and it was a blast and it would probably just improve as the earth moving equipment was still fine tuning some stuff. It is no longer the usual dirt roads and it is worth paying to ride here now. Nice access from my house!

it's just going to get better and better!!!! 

There's a test day going on on Sunday if you're keen to test out a Spez or two and then don't forget it's closed next weekend for the Warrior that's taking place there.

• 2 weeks later...