Vittoria MTB wheels

brad890

Hey guys.

Has anyone ridden or tested any of the Vittoria MTB wheels, I can't find any reviews online as they are still reasonably new.

I'm specifically looking at the Vittoria Reaxion wheelset, but if someone has ridden the creed's or any other models that would also help

http://www.vittoria.com/wheel/reaxcion-2/

Comments anyone?

Currently have NoTubes Crest on shimano hubs, but not happy with the crests, as fitting tires is an issue, especially if you have problems out on a ride and need to put a tube in.

As far as I know, Vittoria wheels are made by Mavic/ have the same design or something or other.

Don't quote me on this though.. Get in touch with NSquared, they are the agents for Vittoria.

Hi ride the Reaxcions. They, have been fantastic. A very good balance of strength, weight and price. Mine have taken some very big hits and are still fine. They come standard as through axle but come with adapters for QR.

Only issue is that they only take center lock rotors, so an adapter is necessary. It took a while to get the XD driver as well. Otherwise excellent.

No issues fitting tyres what so ever.

Edited by Donovan Le Cok

As far as I know, Vittoria wheels are made by Mavic/ have the same design or something or other.

Don't quote me on this though.. Get in touch with NSquared, they are the agents for Vittoria.

Thanks.

I sent them a mail, will see what response I get  :thumbup:

Hi ride the Reaxcions. They, have been fantastic. A very good balance of strength, weight and price. Mine have taken some very big hits and are still fine. They come standard as through axle but come with adapters for QR.

Only issue is that they only take center lock rotors, so an adapter is necessary. It took a while to get the XD driver as well. Otherwise excellent.

No issues fitting tyres what so ever.

Thanks for the feedback  :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest notmyname

Im on the Geax (Vittoria) Saguaro TNT.

I am very happy with them.Will def. buy again.

he's asking for feedback on the wheels.

I pulled the trigger on a set a the Vittoria Deamions with a set of barzo and saguaro tyres the other day, courier dropped them off yesterday :)

Will provide some feedback once I've been for a ride or two with them

Ok, so first impression of these wheels is good so far.

Having bought both vittoria wheels and tyres, fitments wan't as easy as I though it would be.

The tyres go on the rims nicely. but you need quite a good burst of air to get them to seat, on the other hand should you need to fit a tube out on the trials I'd imagine that doing so and getting the bead back on souldn't be too difficult, unlike extremely tight fitting rims (ie Stans).

The rim lock works really well, completely deflated, the bead sits nice and snug against the rim walls.

wheels run smoothly, and am very happy so far.

• 5 years later...

Hi. A friend is looking for a XD freehub for these wheels. Would a Mavic one work possible?