Hey guys,

I am based in Cape Town. I have recently bought a second hand Thule ClipOn 9103 bike carrier. The hooks on the top and the bottom are metal, but have been coated with a very thin ayer of rubber obviously during a heating process, which is still not sufficient for protecting the bodywork of your car. Does anyone know where one can find a strong adhesive rubber tape where you could line the inside of these hooks with tape to prevent any damage, as well as providing cushioning?

Please see below a picture of the bike carrier as well as the tape I am looking for:

post-76716-0-19623000-1435645063_thumb.jpg

post-76716-0-62873400-1435645064_thumb.jpg

If it's just ordinary padded foam tape you can get multiple thicknesses at any builders warehouse. Look in the door section; it's often used to line door jams to stop them from slamming/rattling or shim gaps.

Otherwise you can get that protective paint from Builders.  Just ask for the stuff to dip tools into to re-coat the "rubberised" handles. post-43636-0-67967900-1435647281_thumb.jpg