Wahoo Fitness Introduces KICKR SNAP Smart Cycling Trainer

HdB

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The machine is very sturdy, and facilitates great stability even when standing, and it's quiet. It is a breeze to set up, and it has joint ant + and Bluetooth capability.

Thanks. Was wondering about the noise as I am planning on using it in an apartment and wondering what the effect would be on downstairs neighbors and the missus in our apartment if I decide to do early morning spin on it.

Its awesomeness personified.

If there is any issue, it is with is the accuracy of the power broadcast measurement, which is supposed to be within 5%, but it is said that it is not. There is much discussion on this on d c rainmaker's review. It does not bother me whether it is accurate, because it is consistent. Ie - you can track your improvement. Or deteriation [emoji35]

The machine is very sturdy, and facilitates great stability even when standing, and it's quiet. It is a breeze to set up, and it has joint ant + and Bluetooth capability. This is a big plus.

I have had my unit since January and have made good use out of it. I have a dedicated bike setup on the SNAP, but there no real need. It works well with an ordinary road tire, and clicking the bike in and out of the unit is a breeze.takes a second or 2.

I previously had a tacx, which i loved. But, the SNAP is easy, seamless, strong, reliable and works with multiple platforms.

Jesus, they should employ me to write their marketing **** for them.

Blasphemous comments are idiotic

Edited by seven

Idiot!

Be careful. You will struggle to find a more respected member here.

Strongly suggest you edit this response.

There is no place for name calling.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oky, edited my response

Thank you, Wayne

But I was actually outta line, so I understand the comment, take it on the chin, and I apologize to all.

Thanks. Was wondering about the noise as I am planning on using it in an apartment and wondering what the effect would be on downstairs neighbors and the missus in our apartment if I decide to do early morning spin on it.

There are a couple of places you can test the KICKR Snap. Where do you stay?

There are a couple of places you can test the KICKR Snap. Where do you stay?

Amsterdam. I know there is a place I can try here, just haven't gone yet, but planning to go soon.

Amsterdam. I know there is a place I can try here, just haven't gone yet, but planning to go soon.

Please PM me your email address, I will introduce you to the distributor that can point you the the right direction.

Cheers!

• 3 years later...

Any long-term Kickr SNAP reviews?

Looking at getting one, but currently only have an MTB bike. I suspect I will have to buy a new road tyre.

Anyone who has some experience with it, would be appreciated. I am not anything more than a weekend MTB warrior. Just want to get fitter from home, without fuss. And without major outlay.

Looking at getting one, but currently only have an MTB bike. I suspect I will have to buy a new road tyre.

Anyone who has some experience with it, would be appreciated. I am not anything more than a weekend MTB warrior. Just want to get fitter from home, without fuss. And without major outlay.

We are using a Snap 2 for the past month or so, with a MTB fitted with MICHELIN Wildrun Slick.

So far so good, enjoying the Rouvy rides etc.  (Also as w-e warriors :)

Hello JK7, 

Our team is happy to answer any questions and feel free to reach out to us. 

Important things to keep in mind when buying this for your MTB specifically is:

* You need a through axle adapter kit if you are not using a QR. This adds about R1500 to your purchase

* The SNAP is not boost compatible

* A Slick tyre is recommended on a "wheel on" trainer. Nobs does make some noise. 

Cheers!

Your local Wahooligan 

Hello JK7, 

Our team is happy to answer any questions and feel free to reach out to us. 

Important things to keep in mind when buying this for your MTB specifically is:

* You need a through axle adapter kit if you are not using a QR. This adds about R1500 to your purchase

* The SNAP is not boost compatible

* A Slick tyre is recommended on a "wheel on" trainer. Nobs does make some noise. 

Cheers!

Your local Wahooligan 

Thanks man. I will let you know if I need any info. Going to try source a cheap rear wheel with a slick + 11 speed cassette and will take it from there. 

Hi, if you get one, just check the plugs as well.  Mine had "foreign" plugs, but fortunately I had a Botswana adaptor.

• 11 months later...

Are there any original Snap users out there.?

Is it a unit still worth considering.? (at the right price)

Or would one be better off with a Snap 2 or something else that's newer.?