Greg Minaar wins 18th World Cup MTB Downhill

awesme

Silky smooth, even though we knew the results you could see from the first corner he was on fire, it looked like he was on a pavement on the side of the track compared to some of the riders

MACHINE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I doubt whether the Minister of Sport even knows his name. What a hero!!

He was more concerned with the fillies at the Durban Julypost-44041-0-93185300-1436157930_thumb.jpg

And a couple of weeks ago people mentioned they dont think he will win a race again... 2 wins in 3 races

And that middle race at Leogang he was in contention too. Only 2 seconds back with a couple of mistakes. The helmet knock in the start house required him to straighten goggles and he washed out on one of the last corners.

Silky smooth, even though we knew the results you could see from the first corner he was on fire, it looked like he was on a pavement on the side of the track compared to some of the riders

MACHINE

He was so smooth it looked like he was going slowly in comparison to the others who were a bit on the wild side.

He was so smooth it looked like he was going slowly in comparison to the others who were a bit on the wild side.

yeah, I thought that as well... Just shows though. When you're smooth, you're fast... 

Warner had never been a massive Greg fan...respectful..but not a big fan...even he was waxing lyrical about him at the xc yesterday.

Well most male wins..[emoji6] Rachel leads with most wins by anyone ever[emoji85]

And it's most world cup wins...nico has 12 wc and 9 world champs wins

Rachel had something stupid like 29 wc wins

Most DH World Cup wins at 18 wins.

Not MTB in general.

Greg is the most Winningest for the men ... not overall ...

And Rachel does not have the most DH World Cup wins. .. That record belongs to Anne Caroline Chausson.

55 World Cup wins

13 times World Champion

5 World Cup titles

2 time Dual Slalom World Champion

2 time 4 Cross World Champion

BMX Olympic champ

When xco and dh are at same venue same weekend xco is on Saturday, think change came last yr.. can't remember

They alternate every year. So next DH will be on the Sunday again.

They alternate every year. So next DH will be on the Sunday again.

Hey Dman2, this is not entirely correct.

The UCI changed the format at the beginning of 2014 to have DH on Sat rather than Sunday. And it has stayed the same for 2015.

Prior to this the DH was held on a Sunday (2009 to 2013)

But it used to be that the DH was on a Saturday (before 2009).

So it doesn't alternate.

See the press release regarding the format change last year.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-brings-changes-to-mountain-bike-world-cup-format-for-2014/