Minnaar Wins Record 18th World Cup, Atherton Extends Lead

Nick

The fourth round of the Downhill series in the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup presented by Shimano in Lenzerheide, Switzerland, saw South Africa's Greg Minnaar win the 18th World Cup of his career on Saturday, a men's record, while Rachel Atherton (GT Factory) took her third straight win in the women's series. Atherton extended her lead in the overall standings, while Aaron Gwin (Specialized) continues to lead the men.

Click here to view the article

A truly inspiring rider and fellow countryman.

I remember sitting in front of my PC and watching the UCI live timing update on a dial-up connection when he won his first world cup.

2001 -  and then went on to take the series overall away from Nico. 

What I find amazing is how stable he is on his bike - when pretty much all the others are half losing it on the corners. It's almost like he's riding a different track.

watched his run over and over to try and find any little mistake. There simply was none. What an amazing athlete. I hope that our Sport Ministry comes around and gives recognition where its due. 

What a legend!