Re Spray by Bogus Designs

996 more and you can buy from Rouxtjie..........

I'm thinking of starting a thread on "bikehub lore for newcomers" that explains much of the culture and inside jokes. Given that I have a lowly 600 odd posts at time of writing, it probably shouldn't be me though. eg:

1. Fridays are for arguing and taking the piss. People will say they are going to get the popcorn and you will see a gif with a guy casually flicking open a camping chair. These are both metaphors for settling in to enjoy the ensuing argument. 
  2. If your first post ever is rave review, there's a strong chance it will be dismissed straight off the bat. 
  3. In an attempt to avoid online deals going sour, a while back a guy named Rouxtjie suggested that deals should only be done if both parties have more than 1000 posts. It was considered by many to be setting the bar a bit high and people still joke about it.
  4. If you've come to complain about bad service, remember "There are 3 sides to every story...."
  5. Use comic sans font if you are joking or being sarcastic.
  6. If you take a photo of cyclists riding 2 abreast, just remember that somebody will ask why to took a photo whilst driving...
  7. Don't ask how to do a sub-3 argus. Don't ask which wheelsize is best. Don't ask what the import duties are from Chain Reaction Cycles without making a decent attempt to calculate it yourself first. 
  8. If the buyer (or seller) says that he works on an oil rig or works offshore... he doesn't and you shouldn't do business with him. 
  9. etc 
Edited by NickGM

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of starting a thread on "bikehub lore for newcomers" that explains much of the culture and inside jokes. Given that I have a lowly 600 odd posts at time of writing, it probably shouldn't be me though. eg:

1. Fridays are for arguing and taking the piss. People will say they are going to get the popcorn and you will see a gif with a guy casually flicking open a camping chair. These are both metaphors for settling in to enjoy the ensuing argument. 
  2. If your first post ever is rave review, there's a strong chance it will be dismissed straight off the bat. 
  3. In an attempt to avoid online deals going sour, a while back a guy named Rouxtjie suggested that deals should only be done if both parties have more than 1000 posts. It was considered by many to be setting the bar a bit high and people still joke about it.
  4. If you've come to complain about bad service, remember "There are 3 sides to every story...."
  5. Use comic sans font if you are joking or being sarcastic.
  6. If you take a photo of cyclists riding 2 abreast, just remember that somebody will ask why to took a photo whilst driving...
  7. Don't ask how to do a sub-3 argus. Don't ask which wheelsize is best. Don't ask what the import duties are from Chain Reaction Cycles without making a decent attempt to calculate it yourself first. 
  8. If the buyer (or seller) says that he works on an oil rig or works offshore... he doesn't and you shouldn't do business with him. 
  9. etc 

Now that you have got the list going, I will add some more Bikehub etiquette to it

10. A soft tail bike and a full suspension bike are two different things. Don't confuse the two

11. Specialized owners seem to get more flack than anyone else, simply for owning a Specialized.  You can tease them about it.

12. If you sell a bike you have to take a photo of the bike on the couch.

13. The old rule was never ever rant about CWC. This rule seems to have relaxed somewhat since CWC was taken over by Cyclelab. There could be some people living in the past though.

14. You've already learnt your lesson about Bogus.

15. If you looking to buy a bike, make sure it is red... they are faster

16. Whilst on that topic, in mtb terms a vertical shock is always better. Edited by Eugene

Now that you have got the list going, I will add some more Bikehub etiquette to it

10. A soft tail bike and a full suspension bike are two different things. Don't confuse the two

11. Specialized owners seem to get more flack than anyone else, simply for owning a Specialized.  You can tease them about it.

12. If you buy or sell a bike you have to take a photo of the bike on the couch.

13. The old rule was never ever rant about CWC. This rule seems to have relaxed somewhat since CWC was taken over by Cyclelab. There could be some people living in the past though.

14. You've already learnt your lesson about Bogus.

Teh couch pic applies to new bike day purchases, too... 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

19. If you're doing an Everest convert to vegan and get the right gearing, then its easy.

If you eat only bananas it is is even easier.

21. If you are going to create an account to come on here and start a bitching thread about something, be prepared to be flamed if you have not attempted to sort the matter out in person, in a manly fashion first.

21b. For the love of God, do not start said thread with " I'm not here to name and shame "