The Salvage Thread

Eldron

Building and servicing bikes means loads of left overs that can't really be used so I figured a Salvage Thread might work.

The idea is that any parts, goodies, thingymabobs that you have lying around that can't really be sold but take up space should be posted here.

The rules:

No cash changes hand - smarties, craft beer, big up on thehub, firm hand shake and verbal thanks are all legal tender.

No being a douche and taking items then reselling (not sure most items will be resellable!).

Don't clutter the thread with useless banter - it's just going to make finding stuff tougher.

I'm gonna leave the items on for 1 month then toss them - your own timing is up to you.

Ummm that is all.

Here is my current list:

Giant TCR Advanced Frame: frame and fork are farked (thank you blind driver) but seat post and head parts hanger etc could be useful.

Oooold Hayes Sole Brakes - some genius put mineral oil in the system so it aint great but levers caliper etc can be salvaged.

Shimano triple square taper crank and bb. Drive side pedal thread is farked but everything else is good.

Let me know if/what you want and its yours. Gratis, free, for nothing, mahala etc.

EDIT - THESE GOODS ARE ALL GONE.

post-2412-0-62704000-1436350752_thumb.jpg

post-2412-0-25123900-1436350776_thumb.jpg

post-2412-0-69394800-1436350782_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eldron

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea! What about a swop system? as an example if i have a frame lying around and someone has a set of wheels - straight swop

great Idea

i have a tonne of bits and pcs from frames Road,mtb and even BMX down to stems posts ad BB's

will take pics tonight and post tomorrow

Guest notmyname

Lekker thread. I hope build a bike benefits from this awesome idea. GREAT STUFF ELDRON.

Edited by Small Fry

I am looking for old cassettes and chain rings. broken ones.

Edited by Erroli8a8

There is a similar idea on the 4x4 Community Forum. "The give it away before I toss it" thread. Mostly collections or other forum members offering transport when they go on holiday/business etc.

Awesome idea! I'll have a look as well. I get many parts donated to Build-a-Bike that I don't end up using.

Cycling shoes, stems, clipless pedals etc.

I'll try and make time this weekend to make a list.

If anyone has MTB frames, forks and cranks, please let me know as I have a list of guys waiting for bikes.

Thanks.