The Salvage Thread

Eldron

Morning Guys

I am busy with a budget road bike build. I have a USE Alien carbon 27.2mm 250mm seatpost i would like to swop for a 400mm alloy one. I need a 400mm as the seat post clamp area on the frame was cracked and repaired.

i am also looking for a cheap groupset...willing to pay for it

Thanks in advance

Hi Wikus, 

I may be able to help with some of this. I stay in Centurion. I have a garage full of spares and stuff that you can browse and take for free. Not sure about a complete groupset, but I may be able to provide some of it. Check out facebook.com/bombcenturion to see what we do.

Cheers

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI All,

I am looking for a used or unused chainring in order to build a clock (as per the pic) for my training room. Could someone square me away with one please.

post-8169-0-45086500-1504613096_thumb.jpg

HI All,

I am looking for a used or unused chainring in order to build a clock (as per the pic) for my training room. Could someone square me away with one please.

I've got some mtb chainrings?

HI All,

I believe i have some as well. Will check when home tonight

I've got some mtb chainrings?

I would be interested to take a look. Where abouts are you based? Send me a PM. Thanks

I believe i have some as well. Will check when home tonight

That would be great, thank you. Send me a PM with your details and I will be in touch

Hi Guys,

I am building up bikes and donate them to people in need. I have 2 requests that I cannot service at the moment. Both are young guys that race MTB's for their schools in the Spur schools series. Their bikes were stolen. Any medium MTB's with sort of OK specs out there? It must be something better than a Checkers bike. I can add components for them, as long as it is a descent frame. I am in Centurion.

Thanks!

Hello mtgoat,

Totally forgot to check on Tuesday but managed to check yesterday.  :clap:

See photo below. They a bit dirty. 

Would like them thank you. Please pm your details so i can collect from you. Thank you

Hi All,

I am building a 26" MTB from bits and bobs as a hobby/to sit in the garage and drink beer constructively.  

What I have at the moment(not very much) :

Complete wheel set(discs, bubs, cassette...)

Fork

Handle bar

3x8 shifters

If there is anyone who has any parts not being used, it would be much appreciated!

The rest will be scavenge hunted from friends and scamtree.

Hi All,

I am building a 26" MTB from bits and bobs as a hobby/to sit in the garage and drink beer constructively.  

Fork

Handle bar

3x8 shifters

If there is anyone who has any parts not being used, it would be much appreciated!

I have lots, but I see you are in WP country. If you have someone up here in Gauteng that can come and scavenge from my garage, then they are welcome. Not worthwhile to courier these odds and ends 1300km. While you are busy, why not build a nice SS?!

Hi All,

Fork

Handle bar

3x8 shifters

I have a set of 3x8 shifters, there are some other bits as well. If you are interested, just send me a pm.

Hi, I am looking for a damaged or old helmet. I use the fastening straps to replace the old leather straps on old strip helmets. Willing to pay