The Salvage Thread

Eldron

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, i have a Boxxer 26er (will add pictures soon and more details) uppers i am getting rid of.

Lowers are damaged to such a extent its not safe to use. 

Screenshot_20210724_084658.jpg

4 hours ago, Zarras said:

Hi guys, i have a Boxxer 26er (will add pictures soon and more details) uppers i am getting rid of.

Lowers are damaged to such a extent its not safe to use. 

Screenshot_20210724_084658.jpg

Hi @Zarrasi'll take this off your hands please. I could use it for some spares.

Anyone in CT want to swap their standard direct SRAM style mount chain ring in 30/32T for my oval 32T?

IMG_20210727_150841.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey,

i have this Spez CX tyre laying around.

If anybody is in need of a tyre you are welcome to it for free 

spec as per pic and please only for someone who needs and not going to sell it on.

EDIT: Tyre is taken.

20210921_083606.jpg

Edited by Barry

Hi,

I have a few old computers that i will be throwing out.

If anyone wants them they are welcome to them Free.

Most should just need new batteries buy standing for long so who knows.

20210922_083549.jpg

2 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

Hi Barrie, I'll take them if you're happy to wrap and postnet to me, I'll pay of course.

Vic

He Vic, 

No problem send me a DM.

Hi guys. If you look at my profile I used to be active in bike building and collecting 3 yrs ago. But due to some hard hits etc. I lost everything. I've now settled in withok estates Gauteng and I long for building again. If there are any frames and parts lying around. I would appreciate it. I don't have much to offer . But maybe I can help with something. Tia 

On 11/5/2020 at 11:05 AM, theRussian said:

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a 29" straight steerer fork - any will do. Busy building a bike for a commuter that does 50km per day on it. 

I have about 20 old school 26" steel frames of various condition (brand new to rustic) (road and commuter mtb) for free. I have a number of old school 26" steel forks for free. I have lots of parts Clusters, v-brakes, shifters, deraileurs, saddles, handlebars, etc. for free. Come and collect in Centurion. DM me if you have a fork for me or if you need any of the above. 

Hi

Are any of these frames and parts still available?

5 minutes ago, SeanW said:

Hi

Are any of these frames and parts still available?

Hi, What do you need. We constantly get parts and frames. We are a group of 3 now, so I can hear from any of the other guys if they have something. The old Steel frames and forks were donated to a guy building them up, so we do not have that anymore. I guess 4 months down the line may be a bit of a stretch. ???? ????

On 9/29/2021 at 8:26 PM, theRussian said:

Hi, What do you need. We constantly get parts and frames. We are a group of 3 now, so I can hear from any of the other guys if they have something. The old Steel frames and forks were donated to a guy building them up, so we do not have that anymore. I guess 4 months down the line may be a bit of a stretch. ???? ????

That is a stretch... trying my luck looking for any medium sized frame and whatever parts I can find to help a guy build up a 26" commuter.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a decent 26" rim brake/V-brake wheelset, preferably with Shimano hubs with dust seals like the LX/XT/XTR hubs

I don't mind paying for it.
Alternatively also looking for decent loose 26" rim brake/V-brake compatible rims and hubs.
I have a really nice vintage Kona that I have built up but the wheelset is toast and rim brake 26" wheels are not easy to find :(
Seems if you don't hammer it using some disc specific rims will work but I'd prefer not to go that route.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Used 26er Alexrim & 160mm 6bolt disc - in good condition, for collection only - no longer available

IMG_20211224_153652.jpg.e7187edafe0b806624b8fe9816174bbd.jpg

Edited by dev