5 day MTB Race later the year

I did not take a pamphlet, but saw a 5 day MTB race around the Epic area later this year. (gansbaai, S'dam, bredasdorp, etc)

Max is 80km per day , I think.

Pedal got a pamphlet, maybe she can give the detail

The only ride I know of is The Great Western Cape Ride.. 9 days, 8 of cycling and a rest day.  Did it last year, late november. Cost R4500.00. Around 65 to 80 kms per day.... a FUN RIDE.  Mossel Bay to Stellenbosch. You could have a 'tent angel' for an extra R1000 but took my own.

Was such a great experience, and got me interested in the Epic... hence that I volunteered.

Will find out more, but don't have a phamphlet.

I have done two of their rides. The first year was mainly tar and last year was mainly dirt. They aren't putting on a ride at the end of this year.

From an email I was sent by the organiser (He's an Aussie so excuse his spelling of the locations):

"...the MPum ride will be the only ride for this year in SA and the route and dates for the next GwcBR is a tightly held secret requiring special security clearances. However, I can reveal that I recently went on a pedal along the south coast and found a way through Stillbaia, Witsand, Anniston Hermanas, Gans Baia and more. "
Mandibles2008-04-07 23:25:20

The Great Events Co ride hoped to attract about 1 500 riders last year but didn't even attract half the amount of riders it attracted in the 1st year. they then made all their staff redundant. it doesn't seem as if they will be carrying on with other rides 

City CC will be taking part in the Knysna Tour (Mtb and Road) and then will cycle down to CT in the week following the KCT. i will be post details later this week under events forum. so far we have about 11 members riding down and we can accomodate another 9 riders. we have advertised internally in CCC but  are now going to open it to non members. this will the 3rd time that we ride down to CT.

Thanks Fanie... (Found yourself a bike yet???)

mmmmm, enige van die epic fietse wat nog nie geclaim is nie?  Wink