Polar Interval Setup

Marius

Hi Panzies,

I want some info on how to set my Polar up to do a Warm-UP, 6intervals with cooldowns inbetween and then a long cooldown at the end.

man this is complicated, I'll just tell you want i c on the screen:

Timer

30:00

on

>

Warm Up

>

Interval

Timer

>

Repeat Interval

>

Limits

>

Recovery

Timer

On

>

RecoTime

01:30

CoolDown Timer3

30:00

on

So now I want to know is it going to give me 6xrecovery times of 01:30s between the 2:00 intervals cuz it did not ask that???

Marius2006-09-22 04:24:58

marius, just go get yourself a garmin... it's much easier to create your own advanced training programs and you can set cadence, speed, hr and distance alerts Evil%20Smile

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Sounds like that should be correct Marius. I will have a look tomorrow, when we are tucked on the back of the B bunch...

SlowBug, u silly money! thx anyway...

Thx Velouria, I'm running my little "program" now but if it's not right I'll let you have a look at it tomorrow:-D

14:10 till the first interval comes up, how exciting!!!Big%20smile

Looks right Marius - but you may prefer to set the warmup and cool down timer to manual.  Warm up so you can start when you are ready and and warm (if that is 30min, 31min, 28min whatever) by holding down the red button to start the intervals.  Same goes for the Cool down - finish the cool down when you get back to your house/car.  I find that it is easier to do these manually so that you can start on a clear stretch of road and don't feel like you have cut you ride short if you are 30s short on your cool down.

not sure I follow Linnega, if I set it to manual, do I push the red butten to start riding and then again when I'm ready to do the intervals or do I just warm up without recorging anything anf then push the red button when I want to start my intervals? if that makes any sence?