Pre Owned prices

Runbikeswim

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I sell stuff on the bike hub, I first see the price of the item new that I am selling.

Then I will cut the price by half. Will the add a little more on of the item is in great condition or maybe take a little off if it is in not too good shape.

Will also search items similar on the bike hub to see what they selling for.

Would rather sell an item at a good price than not get a sale for demanding a high price.

Whenever I sell stuff second hand, it is always a bargain and normally swooped up immediately. And if I can't get my really low price that I put out there I don't sell it and then give it away.

Over the years I probably lost out and could have made more money if I advertised for higher, but I rather have someone score a good deal quickly then having these endless enquiries, phone calls, emails, messages etc, then they say they gonna pitch and you make arrangements then they don't rock up.

I also believe what goes around comes around because I have also picked up lekker bargains as well

Edited by Oufy MTB (Roadie)

• 4 weeks later...

Been busy looking at bikes the last 2 months and really shocked at what people expect for second had bikes( and in most cases get)

How do you gage your selling price and your buying price?

How I would have done it before is to look at the brand new value of the bike you wanting to sell, and work the price down in respect to the condition it is currently in. HOWEVER, I have learnt that that is still not a fair or accurate figure. Now I just look at the brand new latest version of the bike and work the price down from there while taking condition and mileage into account. In otherwords, if you have a 2010 bike, you need to understand that there is already a 2015 model, thus your price will reduce DRASTICALLY unless you have it heavily modified and in superb condition - All this is merely my opninion obviously!