IDT - TACX Blue Motion

Veebee

Sorry for another IDT topic.

Firstly is this a good deal, and a good trainer ?

http://www.sportsworld.co.za/product.php?id_product=904

So while I'm at war with myself to become a better cyclist, and after reading many online articles, it seems that a trainer is going to help improve my riding, especially with interval training.

I don't get much intervals done when I'm on the road, I push myself hard on some days but I think its basically just TITS, so a trainer can help improve this and will allow me to get more time in. 

I don't want to spend crazy amounts of cash on a trainer, so at about the R4k mark, what would you recommend ?

Edited by Vivek B

The Cycleops Fluid Gel trainer is brilliant. Use it with the Sufferfest videos and indoor training becomes fun and meaningful.

This 1 ? or do you have a link ? Is it bluetooth ready or do I still need to purchase a dongle ?

https://www.bicyclepower.co.za/product/jetfluid-pro/

That's it. It is purely mechanical. You can just use it as is with your Garmin device that has a cadence/speed sensor and your HRM so you can monitor the data as you ride and upload it to Strava or whatever afterwards.

Or, you can buy the Ant+ dongle and use it with programs like Trainer Road or Cycleops' Virtual  Training and get real time feedback on your PC or iPad.

If you get to Jo'burg at all, give me a shout and I can show you how brilliant the whole setup can be.

That's it. It is purely mechanical. You can just use it as is with your Garmin device that has a cadence/speed sensor and your HRM so you can monitor the data as you ride and upload it to Strava or whatever afterwards.

Or, you can buy the Ant+ dongle and use it with programs like Trainer Road or Cycleops' Virtual  Training and get real time feedback on your PC or iPad.

If you get to Jo'burg at all, give me a shout and I can show you how brilliant the whole setup can be.

thanks, won't be in JHB for some time so will read more into it tonight.

The TacX smart trainer looks good with the BT function, but their software prices are crazy. Nothing in this sport is cheap :cursing:

How much are you looking to spend?

R4-5k max. Will still need a trainer tyre and ideally another rear wheel for that so don't want to spend more than I really have to.