Pauwels stays 13th and MTN-Qhubeka remain 5th team

News bot

The 20th stage of the Tour de France would be the final battle for the GC riders with Thibaut Pinot (FDJ) taking the spoils on Alpe d’Huez. Nairo Quintana (Movistar) would be the rider in 2nd place while Ryder Hesjedal (Cannondale-Garmin) completed the podium.

Click here to view the article

Great riding by the MTN boys. Exceeded all our/my expectations. Just sorry Louis wasn't there to show the world his climbing abilities :-(

pretty sure I heard their 'objectives' before the race (which I thought were a bit high) were a few days in any leaders jersey, a stage win and a top 20 GC.

3 out of 3! well done. seriously impressive.

Great Tour objectives by Dougie Ryder and his management Team who have shown that MTN Qhubeka deserve to have a Pro Tour spot.

Gutsy riding by Serge Pauwels for 13th place due to good race tactics and clever positioning every day in the last week.

We can be proud of the individual results of the van Rensburgs who I thought rode out of their socks in a number of difficult stages!