Training at Kyalami

Don't think it will be open in time, earliest I have heard is late November

Cycle the cradle like everyone else... closer to 94.7 there will be hundreds if not thousands out there going around !!

Unlikely to be open again in time for 94.7 - November is their planned first event, but they have had some scope creep on their original plan and they are doing more - so finish date might move again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh man.  I've been looking so forward to going back there.

I hope they don't run out of money to finish the thing up...

or policies towards cyclists change.

The thrill of flying down the mine shaft after grinding up Leeukop never fades.

Ahhh man.  I've been looking so forward to going back there.

I hope they don't run out of money to finish the thing up...

or policies towards cyclists change.

The thrill of flying down the mine shaft after grinding up Leeukop never fades.

I really hope that we get back onto the track, but I'm afraid it might not happen.

Once it's finished, the owners are sure to attempt to get as many events as possible, and if that happens they might not be able to accomodate us. Cars will always get preference over cyclists, for pure economic reasons.

Fingers crossed, only time will tell.

• 6 months later...

Any update on when the track will be available again for training?

All I know is that the new Kyalami track has already been used for the official launch of the 2016 Porsche 911 models and will be used for the South African Bike Festival in May this year:

http://www.southafricabikefestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Website_SLIDER_MAIN_1_Plain.jpeg

http://www.southafricabikefestival.com/

Not sure if they will make the new Kyalami track available for cyclists when not in use and if they do, the question is when and the costs involved. A dare anyone to go knock on Toby Venter's glass office door at the Johannesburg Porsche Centre to ask him straight... :ph34r:

The track itself is complete. They busy with the all the buildings around the track now.

Moving quite quickly.

I had a few laps around the track 2 weeks ago. The surface is silky smooth and the track nice and wide. Porsche is doing a great job with the whole facility!

They were talking about completion at the end of May 2016. Lets hope the track is made available for riding once all is complete...

• 1 month later...