Binge eating after long/intense rides

Hi guys, hope youre all having an awesome sunday so far.

Ive got a bit of a problem, after all intense/long rides i feel the need to go on ape on the fridge and pantry. I've noticed that its not always directly after the ride but later the day I VREEET!!!

I always make sure ive eaten something(peanut butter sandwich/muffin with coffee) before a long ride, the more intense stuff early in the morning ill just have a cuppa. on the longer(100k+) rides ill have 2 bananas and a big bottle of USN pro enduro and a 500ml water.

I also tend to start feeling "weeker" closer to the end of a ride, like I can stay in a specific zone but I cannot respond to any attacks/accelerations..die bal is pap!

HELP!

I started eating racefood bars during my rides and since then its been so much better , its important to eat real food during you're ride as the energy drinks only spike you for a bit and then you drop again .....you also burn a ton of cal so that also the reason for feeling like vreeting

It's fairly well known that sometimes you may feel hungry when in fact you're dehydrated.

I had the same problem and found that if I force myself to drink a lot of water after a ride (till I pee clear) and that has helped me immensely.

Eat stuff like oats as well if you're still feeling hungry.

Hope something helps.

Thanks for the advice so far, with the baviaans in 2weeks ive got to get my **** in order. During most rides im just on bananas, like 2 max.

For races and long 5hr rides id have a goo or 2 and a roll with ham and cheese.

For rides longer than 5 hours I definitely chow more than that during the ride....eat little bits often.

Thanks for the advice so far, with the baviaans in 2weeks ive got to get my **** in order. During most rides im just on bananas, like 2 max.

For races and long 5hr rides id have a goo or 2 and a roll with ham and cheese.

Baviaans has well serviced checkpoints. You can chow lekker there. My one buddy commended the organisers for the lovely sosaties at checkpoint 2. He ate about 8 of them.

Dont rely or OD on gu. I checked an oke profectile vomitting three quarters through baviaans. He had only been taking gu.

Aaah, the T-Rex

I take a big glass of milk

Get that protein in

It settles the T-Rex

And then have some carbs like pasta or rice (small plate) with some form of protein like eggs

Small portions every few hours to keep the T-Rex happy

Eating a decent meal before and something small every hour during the ride is also important to keep the T-Rex chained

Drago hit the nail op die kop. Suip a lot of water and maybe a recovery drink if you are into that sort of thing after the ride, rehydration should help a lot.

Good advice above. I have found a recovery drink as I get off the bike helps control appetite later. I use a commercial one that I mix with milk or an raw egg blended into milk with some sugar and a little vanilla for flavor. The latter a DIY and quite affordable and easy to get down.

The advice about being properly hydrated is also important I think. Apparently my body gets hungry and thirsty mixed up. Well it also gets bored and hungry mixed up but that's a story for another day.

Great advice, Ill definitely be changing my eating habits on the bike, I think small portions of something salty will be fine seeing as im getting enough sweetness from the pro enduro.

Ive never really looked at recovery as a hydrating mechanism so this is a must try

Shot alot!!

It's fairly well known that sometimes you may feel hungry when in fact you're dehydrated.

I had the same problem and found that if I force myself to drink a lot of water after a ride (till I pee clear) and that has helped me immensely.

Eat stuff like oats as well if you're still feeling hungry.

Hope something helps.

Interesting. I'm going to try this.