Groenkloof, Klapperkop and Fountains Attacks - Info Required

River Rat

If you or someone you know was robbed, attacked or assaulted over the last 6 months in the Groenkloof, Klapperkop, Voortrekker Monument and Fountains please drop me PM with contact details. It would appear that the chap we apprehended on Sunday has already been linked with five different crimes in the area and the police are of the opinion that he has been involved in others. 

Further, what is sorely needed is the description of his two accomplices as these guys are still running free and we need to get them arrested.

Edited by River Rat

Incident today in Groenkloof. Near picnic sites on first koppie! Woman with her two daughters attacked.

I wish I could give a description of the other 2 that were involved in my attack, but the only one I got a clear view of was the one that was arrested.

One of the others was always behind me, holding a knife to my throat, and the other was busy going through the vehicle, and was not in my limited line of vision.

The one that was arrested was directly in my line of sight, and I could get  good look at him, particularly when he took my cellphone, and gave me back the SIM card.

Hope the others get what is coming to them though.

I was there with the family and friends yesterday when we heard the woman come out on to the road and start yelling. It took a while for her screams to become coherent and the severity of the situation to sink in amongst us. I grabbed my bike and went dashed off to inform the security at the entrance and the the guy at the gate between Groenkloof and Fountains.

Then it was horses and 4x4's off on the trails in pursuit.

I hope everyone involved is ok

I was there with the family and friends yesterday when we heard the woman come out on to the road and start yelling. It took a while for her screams to become coherent and the severity of the situation to sink in amongst us. I grabbed my bike and went dashed off to inform the security at the entrance and the the guy at the gate between Groenkloof and Fountains.

Then it was horses and 4x4's off on the trails in pursuit.

I hope everyone involved is ok

Any description of the guys being chased?

3 black guys is about as good as it gets am afraid

When we left I asked at the gate what happened further. Guy told me that they caught one, and the other two were still out there.

Metro mounted unit were called in for today

I just returned from Groenkloof and a peculiar thing happened, was riding my last lap heading east with the jeep track towards the R21 when I noticed stones arranged next to the road spelling “HELP”. This is more or less under the power lines near the small pocket of Wattle trees (I think they are Wattle) where they always put out animal feed. Now this might just be a joke or a diversion but I decided not to take any chances. I returned to the parking area and reported it to the night shift security personnel at the coffee shed. They were, to say the least disinterested and I headed over to the entrance. Told the guys there and asked if they knew if this was related to the attack yesterday. They told me that they did not know about it but assured me that the Reserve was sweeped the entire day by security and Metro police. I told them that I want to go back with my car and just check that all is ok, they gave me the security's number and I headed back, walked around a bit and took photos. I did not see anything suspect other than the stones. This might be nothing but you never know, must say I was somewhat annoyed by the almost nonchalant attitude of the security.

post-36036-0-26442100-1439223941_thumb.jpg

Edited by Karooryder

I was attacked last year 18th of Okt. two black guys with a panga and a knife,they did not hurt me just took my phone,wallet and keys.It happend so fast I hardly saw them and i was sitting in the single track with the knife against my throat,the guy with the knife just said to keep quite and not scream and they won't harm me.After that they told me wait five minutes take my bike and go home(they never noticed my GPS) but they were also never caught.

Think the best is always just to co-operate.

I just returned from Groenkloof and a peculiar thing happened, was riding my last lap heading east with the jeep track towards the R21 when I noticed stones arranged next to the road spelling “HELP”. This is more or less under the power lines near the small pocket of Wattle trees (I think they are Wattle) where they always put out animal feed. Now this might just be a joke or a diversion but I decided not to take any chances. I returned to the parking area and reported it to the night shift security personnel at the coffee shed. They were, to say the least disinterested and I headed over to the entrance. Told the guys there and asked if they knew if this was related to the attack yesterday. They told me that they did not know about it but assured me that the Reserve was sweeped the entire day by security and Metro police. I told them that I want to go back with my car and just check that all is ok, they gave me the security's number and I headed back, walked around a bit and took photos. I did not see anything suspect other than the stones. This might be nothing but you never know, must say I was somewhat annoyed by the almost nonchalant attitude of the security.

attachicon.gifIMG_5238.JPG

Good effort to go back, pity about their attitude though

Thanks to information supplied by Heinrich Hattingh the Trailbuilder at Klapperkop the CPF have found a collection of stolen ID, Credit Cards and other personal items. So if you know someone named Drotsky or Wiehann that was attacked in the area drop me a note and we'll reunite you with what's yours.

We are slowly but surely tightening the noose (if only....) on these criminals and we are taking back Klapperkop. Well done to Marcel, Hi Risk Security and Heinrich for not only the information but also for some of the more challenging trails in Pretoria.

Has anything further happened regarding the guy that was arrested at Klaaperkop?
I went through to SAPS Sunnyside, left my details regarding a possible identity parade, and that was the last I heard.