Matt Brammeier sustains severe injuries in high speed crash at Tour of Utah

News bot

Matt Brammeier was involved in a high speed crash on stage 6 of the Tour of Utah. The Irishman collided with a service car on the descent from Guardsman Pass in Big Cottonwood Canyon. He was chasing back to the main peloton by the time.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope his career will survive this. But it looks and sounds bad at the moment...

Yoh that's a seriously sickening bunch of crashes. The first one was horrible, the second one with the motorbike was bad too. Wow. Strongs to all the riders involved.

Yoh, there is misjudging and then there is misjudging. Massive something failed? Looked like scrubbed of zero speed. Hope his ribs and pelvis heal quick

Chilling to watch, but if it wasn't due to a mechanical error (such as failed brakes), the fault lies 100% with the rider. There's no way in hell he would've made that switchback at that speed. 

Chilling to watch, but if it wasn't due to a mechanical error (such as failed brakes), the fault lies 100% with the rider. There's no way in hell he would've made that switchback at that speed. 

Ja, couldn;t see so great on the work monitor, but it looks like he did a stoppie just before impact...

Ja, couldn;t see so great on the work monitor, but it looks like he did a stoppie just before impact...

Yes, he went from a tail slide into a stoppie. If you play the video on 1/4 speed it is quite easy (and terrible) to see what happened and yes, if he didn't hit the car, who knows how far down the side of that mountain he would have gone.... joh.

Wonder which is/was the lesser of two evils? Slamming into the Porsche or flying down the side of that mountain? 

I believe he had a mental shutdown.

His muscles took all the blood not allowing his brain enough to operate clearly..

The way that motorbike rides off after 2 people have just crashed into him, you would think he would do a u-turn and head back up the hill to warn other cyclists.

I'm not sure whether this is a trolling comment or not.

. I have been told by someone in the MtnQ team .maybe a Dr or someone with more medical knowledge can explain "mental shutdown " better.The bottom line is its very sad !

Jeez, he hit that car hard. He wasn't going to make that corner in any case, totally misjudged it.

Maybe the car block his sight for a split second and he thought the corner was a little bit further? Anyway this could not a pleasant experience...eish.