Matt Brammeier sustains severe injuries in high speed crash at Tour of Utah

News bot

Damn he came in hot. I can't imagine he had a lapse of concentration, but that's what it looks like.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first clip looks like he could never make it; the second possibly if you look at the rider who ran wide just before the cars came.

Methinks there have been a few too many riders nudged or obstructed by cars and motor bikes recently. Well, last 2 or 3 years.  Phinney comes to mind.

Multiple rib fractures, fractured pelvis and internal injuries. Will require surgery but it seems only after a period that allows stabilization of injuries.

Insane accident. Thank goodness he is conscious and has no head injuries.

Too many cars around but the riders have a fit if they have to wait very long for a mechanical so I don't know what the solution to this might be.

Cannot imagine what it must be like to sit on a saddle even after having recovered from a pelvic fracture.

Edited by FrankG

My ex broke her pelvis on a road ride. She was riding again after 5 weeks. Said it was OK. Guess it depends on severity.

I'm not sure if the car made it better or worse , if he had gone into the trees who knows what would have happened .

Multiple rib fractures, fractured pelvis and internal injuries. Will require surgery but it seems only after a period that allows stabilization of injuries.

Insane accident. Thank goodness he is conscious and has no head injuries.

Too many cars around but the riders have a fit if they have to wait very long for a mechanical so I don't know what the solution to this might be.

Unless he has been clipped by a car or motorbike before he came in to view, the amount of cars had nothing to do with his accident. The car he crashed into did nothing wrong, it followed a predictable line and speed through the corner. If you look care fully Matt came in to the corner already out of control.

It was an absolute horrific accident and I hope he will make a full recovery. Pro cycling certainly aint for the faint of heart!

He would have likely speared off into the crowd or trees.

Total misjudgement if front brakes didn't fail

on another note, does this not push the hydraulic brakes into the peloton?

way better stopping forces.

my thoughts go out to the riders who crashed, crashing is never good.

What part of the bike went past the people on the side of the road can't make out what it is

His waterbottles ejected on impact