[Event] Trans Drak Mountain Bike Race

lyndellcerimaj

Event Name: Trans Drak Mountain Bike Race
When: 20 February 2016
Where: Montrose, Swiburne, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: MTB

This area is known to many who pass by on their commute between Johannesburg and Durban. The Trans Drak will take you through corners, spectacular landscapes and scenery of the “Little Drakensberg” that cannot be seen from the busy road.

The main event runs over a 210km distance with a 3500m ascent. Starting at Montrose in Swinburne at the Montrose Protea Hotel, the route will take you through undiscovered parts of the KwaZulu Natal Midlands with friendly interactions with communities living around the various checkpoints. The route will take riders on a daring downhill descent at Van Reenen’s, which includes a road tunnel built in the early 1860’s. At the foot of Van Reenen’s Pass participants will be guided through a remote natural forest. There is no shortage of natural or historical beauty.

Go to Event Page

Just a question around this event.. I am new to mountain bikes having done only road cycling for the last couple of years. Can do endurance events so not scared of the distance or time but what is the route actually like..is it supremely technical and should I wait til I have a bit more experience before doing , OR is it fairly relaxed and I should just go for it.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Will be doing this one for the first time next year, actually as a training ride for 36One.

I am on the point of pulling the trigger on exactly the same plan. The base during the holidays is just going to be less fun.

I am on the point of pulling the trigger on exactly the same plan. The base during the holidays is just going to be less fun.

On the bright side we will gain less weight doing the base miles and eating all of the yumm christmas food  ^_^

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

My friend and I are planing to give this event a try.  

I just got a question how this it work in terms of you start at Appin Adventure Resort and finish at the Border Post. 

Is there shuttle's to take one back to the resort after the race or would you suggest to have a support vehicle ?

This will be my first event of this type and not sure how this works. 

Kind Regards

Werner

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys

My friend and I are planing to give this event a try.  

I just got a question how this it work in terms of you start at Appin Adventure Resort and finish at the Border Post. 

Is there shuttle's to take one back to the resort after the race or would you suggest to have a support vehicle ?

This will be my first event of this type and not sure how this works. 

Kind Regards

Werner

You can get a shuttle /transport service to take your car across or have a support car