First Look Friday: PowerTap goodies & Bike Protection Solution

News bot

P1 Pedals look interesting. I wonder what the expected ZAR price will be and I would like to see some comparison between P1, Polar and Garmin Vector pedals. That would be cool. Perhaps DC Rainmaker will do it for us!

P1 Pedals look interesting. I wonder what the expected ZAR price will be and I would like to see some comparison between P1, Polar and Garmin Vector pedals. That would be cool. Perhaps DC Rainmaker will do it for us!

About R16995.00....

Apparently P1's is supposed to be far more painless than the Vectors, although that could be the marketing talk. Let's see once it's rolled out for use.

Price wise seems good. Isn't the Vectors retailing for more than 20k?

Compared to crank based systems still pricey though.

the pricing has been set at R16 995.00 incl VAT although we are watching the exchange rate hike again..... here is a review from DC Rainmaker . http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/08/powertap-p1-pedals-review.html

Pricing includes an industry leading 2 year warranty on the PowerTap P1 pedals !! 

And a crash replacement policy of 40% off the MSRP when in a crash.... again this is the only pedals based PM to offer a crash replacement policy.  

Apparently P1's is supposed to be far more painless than the Vectors, although that could be the marketing talk. Let's see once it's rolled out for use. Price wise seems good. Isn't the Vectors retailing for more than 20k? Compared to crank based systems still pricey though.

have a read of the DC rainmaker review, he had them for the better part of 6 weeks and no issues, in the units we have sold locally we have had no issues with the pedals. 

have a read of the DC rainmaker review, he had them for the better part of 6 weeks and no issues, in the units we have sold locally we have had no issues with the pedals.

I get you but let's give it a year or so in use by the consumer. Not to say you or DCR is not trustworthy of course. I'm happy to be "proven wrong/totally bowled over" by this product.

Just how I feel. And so you know. I once said I wont touch Vectors for a year or two after its release was delayed so many times. Against all this I stood in a shop one day and allowed myself to be talked into buying it only days after its release. Touch wood I haven't regretted that decision too often.

I get you but let's give it a year or so in use by the consumer. Not to say you or DCR is not trustworthy of course. I'm happy to be "proven wrong/totally bowled over" by this product.

Just how I feel. And so you know. I once said I wont touch Vectors for a year or two after its release was delayed so many times. Against all this I stood in a shop one day and allowed myself to be talked into buying it only days after its release. Touch wood I haven't regretted that decision too often.

i fully get that and think its a wise choice, the PowerTap P1's were technically ready last year but chose not to bring them to market till testing over a longer period was done. thus far apart from one or two bugs with the Garmin head units the P1's seem pretty stable. the bugs are being corrected by Garmin.