Injury-Update: Matt Brammeier back home after crash at Tour of Utah

News bot

Matt Brammeier has returned home following his accident at the Tour of Utah. The Irishman sustained severe injuries in a collision with a race vehicle when descending from Guardsman Pass in Big Cottonwood Canyon. He was immediately transported to hospital by ambulance where he underwent several check-ups.

Click here to view the article

Does anyone know more detail on how it happened?

I saw the crash, it was terrible, and I am puzzled by the fact that Brammeier did not seem to enter the corner in good line, or appropriate speed. He seemed to brush the inside curb and carried on in a straight line at full speed as if heading for the trees on the far side.

I am relieved that he survived, and our prayers are with him for a speedy and full recovery.

One has to wonder that if the VWorsche was not in the road, that he possibly would have gone straight into the forest or off the edge of something....

To be honest, I have done something similar coming in a little too hot down Constania Nek towards Kirstenbosch, half way through the corner the bike decided going straight was better than cornering, ended up in oncoming lane then the flower bed.

Hence why can understand how this could occur.

Edited by Pure Savage