Ironman 70.3 East London 2016

fanievb

Can't find a thread for 2016

Who's going to be there?

will be my second (hooked after DBN).

I have a better idea what to expect now, so hopefully I'll be better prepared. (I need to RUN RUN RUN and RUN some more)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going...will be my 3rd one in EL. Running in EL is different than what you will find in durban

Who's going to be there?

I have a better idea what to expect now, so hopefully I'll be better prepared. (I need to RUN RUN RUN and RUN some more)

Good plan - but don't neglect the bike - the bike route out to Berlin and back is a far cry from what we had in Durban - so chances are you will be starting your run on less fresh legs...

I was tempted to enter again after Durban, but the time of year is not ideal...  Still entries available?

Good plan - but don't neglect the bike - the bike route out to Berlin and back is a far cry from what we had in Durban - so chances are you will be starting your run on less fresh legs...

I was tempted to enter again after Durban, but the time of year is not ideal...  Still entries available?

was told yesterday that there are only 150 left.

Doing this event because its on home soil so far cheaper. Planning to do a few training runs on the route.

Cycling should be fine, but I know it will be a lot slower than Dbn due the the wind always being a factor

After a long and hard think I have decided to give this a miss. I cant afford all the events anymore so have to be choosy. Good luck to all. 5 months to go so make em count.

Doing my 5th in 2016. I missed Durban due to an ankle injury which kept me from running for 5 months, so I am looking forward to this one. It is great to start training again.

I will also give it a miss next year partly due to financial reasons.have decided to take the plunge and entering sort of the same event on 10 april 2016.

I'm doing EL as well.  Will be my second one and entered that race on the 10 April (will  be first attempt)

I will also give it a miss next year partly due to financial reasons.have decided to take the plunge and entering sort of the same event on 10 april 2016.

me too...second time out and looking forward to it ....I checked the weather forecast and word is the wind gonna be in our favour

After 5 IMBC's also giving it a miss and doing Xterra Buffelspoort. I just cannot get TSA allowing two major events on the same day even if it is in different provinces. After that it will be that little one in April just for giggles

Who's going to be there?

Incorrect.  Key is to Bike, Bike, Bike, then bike some more, then do some running.

(No use trying to run, no matter how running fit you are, if you get off the bike and your legs are finished...)

Oh and be warned, if DBN was your first... EL is not DBN!!!   DBN was like a glorified olympic distance race with that glass-smooth road, no wind and flat run.  EL is a whole different kettle of fish.  There's a reason its in the top-3 most difficult 70.3s in the world... 

Again, bike, bike, bike...

Incorrect.  Key is to Bike, Bike, Bike, then bike some more, then do some running.

(No use trying to run, no matter how running fit you are, if you get off the bike and your legs are finished...)

Oh and be warned, if DBN was your first... EL is not DBN!!!   DBN was like a glorified olympic distance race with that glass-smooth road, no wind and flat run.  EL is a whole different kettle of fish.  There's a reason its in the top-3 most difficult 70.3s in the world... 

Again, bike, bike, bike...

I stay in EL, no matter the amount of training I do that bike course will be crap. I'm not a runner, so the more I push the bike, the more I will suffer on the run. 

The best I can do is improve my running, which was where my wheels fell off in DBN which, as you put it, was/is an easy course