2015 PPA Scenic South Road Funride

Skubarra

If it's windy and gusty, it'll be threshold all da way

You old ride guru, you got it right again! It sure was a sharp and painful one. I really had to curse myself all the way up Black Hill!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You old ride guru, you got it right again! It sure was a sharp and painful one. I really had to curse myself all the way up Black Hill!

Riding up Blackhill into a headwind no fun at all!!

Thought I was going to have a lekker leisurely ride from Group F - but I was in the red zone from start to finish, we had a City cycles rider that pulled the group from start to red hill where he promptly dropped the whole group! (or at least the few that were still in his slip)  :eek:

As a northern suburbs boytjie I really enjoy cycling in those areas, geez its beautiful down there. Well done PPA on an excellent event :thumbup:

Blackhill hurt!

My garmin shows 57.9km at 27.5km/h. Racetec is not so forgiving recording 26.8 over 55km.

To the dude in H I collided with at the first T junction, my humblest apologies. It was mass confusion, and between concentration to remain upright an then catching up, I didnt get the chance.

The pace up slanghoek was brutal right at the start to, whew  :eek: Had a good race though, enjoyed it. Still getting used to my G seeding, step up from where I was.

The pace up slanghoek was brutal right at the start to, whew  :eek: Had a good race though, enjoyed it. Still getting used to my G seeding, step up from where I was.

H group dropped me on Slangkop as well.  Was my fault though.  I did two stints at the front and the last was 1km before Slangkop.  When the group came flying past, my cracker sizzled.

This was my first race in H.  I will be less inclined to work in front at the next race during the first 20 odd km's.

H group dropped me on Slangkop as well.  Was my fault though.  I did two stints at the front and the last was 1km before Slangkop.  When the group came flying past, my cracker sizzled.

This was my first race in H.  I will be less inclined to work in front at the next race during the first 20 odd km's.

I typically do 1 x 25-30 sec turn in front and then chill

If you are unsure about your fitness or lack confidence, do it with a tailwind or downhill

But take your turn

It's a good thing.

I typically do 1 x 25-30 sec turn in front and then chill

If you are unsure about your fitness or lack confidence, do it with a tailwind or downhill

But take your turn

It's a good thing.

Can a person be in front and not work? Cause if so... I did that a few times

Don't think I will get out of bed and go all the way through for 55km. Big up to PPA though for organizing something for the members in place of cancelled race