ScottCM

Nice article, must show it the wiff...she's training for comrades mostly on her own here and missing the comraderie.... you don't see that kind of stuff here

Edited by SwissVan

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful article! That is what I love about running... The strangers you meet and that helps you in one way or another... Supporters, children and fellow runners... It doesn't matter your race or the club you belong to.

Are we all on track for Loskop Lads?

Giving Loskop a miss this year to do the Route Tester 56km on the same day from PMB to Hillcrest..

Haven't done the down run since 2012 so will be nice to see the first 56kms of the route.

Good Luck for Loskop..

So everyone's talking about April being the high mileage month for comrades.

So what is considered high mileage? 500/600km for the month??? at what pace if you aiming for Bill rowan? or silver?

running coupled with running up and down the dunes this last week has resulted in a small strain in my calf. Felt fine this morning but after about 6 kms into my run it started flaring up. Bit worried as I have an ultra this weekend. Got a massage scheduled on thursday and am going to rest the rest of the week and use some transact patches.

you reckon it will be ok to do the ultra? 52km? wait and see how the calf feels later in the week?

So what is considered high mileage? 500/600km for the month??? at what pace if you aiming for Bill rowan? or silver?

ferret is on a silver plan  - he can give a breakdown of his targets for April. I am going for a sub 8:30 - and put in 390 for march. April I will do just over 300 probably

500 - 600 km for one month :eek: ? Not unless you aiming for podium or hospital edit: not necessarily in that order either :whistling:

Edited by SwissVan

ferret is on a silver plan  - he can give a breakdown of his targets for April. I am going for a sub 8:30 - and put in 390 for march. April I will do just over 300 probably

Yeah , not far off, I did a 400km Jan, 417km Feb, 501km March and looking at around 510km April and then a full back off and BIG taper with around 200-250 May.

I won't do any Major Big weeks in the 140-160 range like a lot of the Silver guys do, but try and stay consistently around the 120-125 mark for the 4.5 weeks of April

To finish on around 2050km If everything goes to Plan, but 1950 is the goal so anything around there will be awesome..

Again this is all very new to me. I've haven't got a silver yet and only did 1340kms on the way to my 8.02 on the UP last year...

So I can tell you again on the 30th May if this plan is going to work.

So far so good though

Edited by Ferret69

Hoping if things go well to hit a big 200km this month  :blush:

Those are some serious miles Ferret  :thumbup:

Nothing Wrong with that, I ran my 1st Comrades in 2012 on only 690kms run , my second in 2013 on 900kms... so its not all about just loading miles...

Once you get past 50/60kms on the day its all in the Mind anyway...

My OH is following the Lindsay Perry official comrades program for Bronze 2016

The program is time based so its difficult to say what Aprils km total will be

April schedule is +/- 1923 minutes (32hrs)

March schedule  +/- 1980 minutes (33 hrs)

Interesting

So I would deduce the average Bronze Hopeful would be training at between 5.30-6 min per km

so April would be between 320 and 355 kms for a Bronze Runner based on 32 hours

If you took those same Hours for a 4.30per km (training paces) Silver runner or 5min per km BR hopeful  you would get 385 - 435 kms

And I'm pretty sure the Hours will be even higher on those programs

Just had a Quick look at the LP Silver April Hours on the Comrades Website and they hit 43 hours this month.

At 4.30 per km to 5min per km you looking 516 - 580kms, Big Month