ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a very good running week for me. Think I picked up a cold in Middelburg last weekend with that Ultra. It was freezing cold, and I only had my running vest on. And there are only a couple of hard weeks left to train hard. So P@ssed off. :thumbdown:

Sorry to hear that Lexx, you were on a roll. All you can do now is to rest, get lots of sleep and drink lots of vitamins. It doesn't help stressing about not training, you have done the work already.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not a very good running week for me. Think I picked up a cold in Middelburg last weekend with that Ultra. It was freezing cold, and I only had my running vest on. And there are only a couple of hard weeks left to train hard. So P@ssed off. [emoji107]

Don't stress you've done the hard work... Take it easy and fix yourself up now

Hi guys. At the turn of the year I ramped up my training and revised my eating habits to the point that I lost 8kgs. For the last three weeks I've been going through one of the most turmoil times in my life. So much so that I only get 3 or 4 hours sleep a night and all this had led to major stress levels which has caused me to loose another 5kgs putting me far below my ideal race weight. With Sunday's colgate being my 1st 32km race I'm scared of pushing my body to a point where it will shut down and get sick. I'm drinking 1000mg vit c and multi vits but is there something else you could suggest to assist the system or any advice? Or am I just being paranoid and a drama queen? As reference I now weight 67.6kgs and I'm 186cm tall

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that Lexx, you were on a roll. All you can do now is to rest, get lots of sleep and drink lots of vitamins. It doesn't help stressing about not training, you have done the work already.

Thats True. But you know us Runners. Rest is a swear word ha ha.

Do anyone know where I can get the book "Surviving the Runner". Its funny as hell. Want to buy it for my wife lol. Was looking on the authors website but its sold out.

Hi guys. At the turn of the year I ramped up my training and revised my eating habits to the point that I lost 8kgs. For the last three weeks I've been going through one of the most turmoil times in my life. So much so that I only get 3 or 4 hours sleep a night and all this had led to major stress levels which has caused me to loose another 5kgs putting me far below my ideal race weight. With Sunday's colgate being my 1st 32km race I'm scared of pushing my body to a point where it will shut down and get sick. I'm drinking 1000mg vit c and multi vits but is there something else you could suggest to assist the system or any advice? Or am I just being paranoid and a drama queen? As reference I now weight 67.6kgs and I'm 186cm tall

Im sorry to hear that. Just keep taking those Vit C. Your body is stronger than we realise. I think it will cope.

Do anyone know where I can get the book "Surviving the Runner". Its funny as hell. Want to buy it for my wife lol. Was looking on the authors website but its sold out.

I bought the book but gave it away as a birthday gift... I also want to order one. I will email Kelly and ask her if she has any copies available.

Did you read her piece about the banana? It is so funny!! She just replied that she will have more copies in 10 days.

Seconding this guy.

People ask me if I follow him as his trusty second.

He's actually too fast. And I'm actually not trusty.

With traffic and comrades-chaos I more than likely wouldn't be able to keep up with ol' #fastlegs .

My lovely dad takes him to the start, I see him in Hillcrest after which I make my way to the finish. The entire time I'm driving thinking 'who the hell would dooooo this to themselves'.

It's a good thing I don't dedicate myself to being his second. I'm so crap. I take the T out of Trusty. (See what I did there).

3 years ago he asked me to give him a banana when he came through Hillcrest.

Easy enough.

Or not.

I thought I would be more than just a banana handler and open it for him so that he could just grab and chow. I like to exceed expectations. I'm diligent like that.

All was going well as I stood there focused on 'The Handoff'.

Banana open. Donning my running shoes because he does.not.stop.running and I struggle to keep up for that 100m or so-boobs almost knocking me unconscious, back fat escaping.

I digress.

As I saw his gorgeous being magnificently appear at the top of old main road I felt banana-ready.

And then it broke.

Faaaaaarrrrkkkk

There by my highly neglected Nike lunar glides lay his sustenance to get up Bothas Hill.

????????????????

Seriously, I had ONE job.

One. Job.

I naturally burst into fits of giggles. But he was coming and I needed to act fast. Focus Kelly.

So quick thinking me picked it up, licked the dirt off and tried to squelch it back into the part remaining in my hand.

I thought nobody had noticed but across the road I saw my best friend almost weeing her pants with laughter.

He was nearly here. Act cool.

I gave it to him whilst holding eye contact like a bit of a psycho so he didn't see the spot of dirt I had missed on the now mushy, sand-tinged banana.

Handoff successful. ????

In future years my banana handling skills have improved somewhat. I can now multi task with a banana and a GU-zero droppages. ????????

So to the partners who second on the entire route. Salt, food, massages even.

slow clap #overachievers.

Does anyone know when the Comrades Pasta Party bookings are opening up? I would like to attend again. Haven't been to one in a long time.

Hey guys! There is a marathon hapening here in November, I'm looking at following the training programmes on runnersworld. Have any of you used them to complete a marathon?

Is that Warren kidgell's wife's book?

Sorry to hear this Scott... Your body is incredibly strong. Try get as much sleep as possible two nights before.. drink well the day before and take some dry wors with you to nibble on during the run. Drink well during the run and your will be fine. Listen to your body the whole time. Your health is not important than a on.. Bit the mental accomplishment of completing will also be great for you