ScottCM

I promise you if I could have run more, I would have done triple what i'm on now.

My knee is still giving me problems, I thought it was runners knee kicking me at the beginning of the year, but after 2 weeks off and slow slow build up, I still can't shake it. Getting despondent over the awful lack of millage..

Also in a similar boat - calf not coming right... going to do a little tester in the morning hopefully and then might run PnP slowly with the wife on Sunday, but it's been very frustrating.

Need to get back up to speed pretty quickly while making sure not to get injured again - such an easy task  :ph34r:

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the issues faced by clubs is that new big plans (both good and bad) are suggested by members all the time but when those making the suggestions are asked if they will help to implement or drive the new idea they're suddenly very quiet. As with anything, in order for anything to happen it's often the same people doing all the work.

Change is a good thing but in order for it to happen a driving force is needed which is unlikely to come from the long-standing, comfortable members.

So true

Ask them to come to the AGM to vote for new committee or monthly meeting to discuss new stuff and they suddenly develop amnesia and can’t find the clubhouse.

There are folks in this here hub running club (now there’s an idea) that are running more km a week than I cycle in a few weeks

#alsoneedtopullfinger

There are folks in this here hub running club (now there’s an idea) that are running more km a week than I cycle in a few weeks

#alsoneedtopullfinger

The Hub strava club is a great motivation to go training for me.  it is just demoralising when the guys log those super long LSD on saturday and sunday, which destroys my carefully accumulated weekday totals......

The Hub strava club is a great motivation to go training for me. it is just demoralising when the guys log those super long LSD on saturday and sunday, which destroys my carefully accumulated weekday totals......

I know the feeling

Running very early Monday morning and uploading immediately is the only way I will feature on the hub leader board...for a short while anyway

Also in a similar boat - calf not coming right... going to do a little tester in the morning hopefully and then might run PnP slowly with the wife on Sunday, but it's been very frustrating.

Need to get back up to speed pretty quickly while making sure not to get injured again - such an easy task  :ph34r:

Good luck with your calf injury. I totally agree on taking your time and making sure it heals properly. I started too quickly again, and just re-injured my calf. That is why my calf took 6 weeks to heal and my wife's calf only 3.

I know the feeling

Running very early Monday morning and uploading immediately is the only way I will feature on the hub leader board...for a short while anyway

Then you get the B****tard that cache's his miles and only logs the weeks training on strava on saturday night!!!!!!

Not mentioning anyone in particular :whistling: :whistling:

Very interesting article about running faster:

"In the vocabulary of a runner, patience is a dirty word. Runners always want to run faster, run more miles, and crush their personal bests and they want it now. To be more accurate, they wanted it yesterday."

http://www.runbkrun.com/2018/02/09/distance-is-the-key-to-unlocking-pace/

Very interesting and so true (with most sports).

I'm one of those ar$eholes who came out the blocks flying...too much high intensity too soon and ended up with Trochanteric hip bursitis (diagnosed by a medical professional). This despite telling myself I would not over do it!!

So all you end up with is a set back and not even being able to do moderate training!!

Lesson learned!!!

Anyone else on here had hip bursitis? It sucks....

Very interesting and so true (with most sports).

I'm one of those ar$eholes who came out the blocks flying...too much high intensity too soon and ended up with Trochanteric hip bursitis (diagnosed by a medical professional). This despite telling myself I would not over do it!!

So all you end up with is a set back and not even being able to do moderate training!!

Lesson learned!!!

Anyone else on here had hip bursitis? It sucks....

I did - searing pain at the back of my hip 3-4km into each run. Happy to share what worked for recovery if you are interested. 

I did - searing pain at the back of my hip 3-4km into each run. Happy to share what worked for recovery if you are interested.

Very keen to hear, thanks.

Mine is directly on the side of my hip but is not a hectic pain...just a very annoying dull ache.

On cortisone and anti inflammatory stuff. I haven't read too much about it because I'm not a big fan of googling medical stuff on the interweb!!

I just know it's an inflamed bursa (outside of hip)

250km for the year, but Ive been super demotivated this week. Sick kids etc. Doing a HM tomorrow, hopefully Ive got some speed left after a lot of slow runs!

post-734-0-40761800-1518187967_thumb.jpeg

The Hub strava club is a great motivation to go training for me. it is just demoralising when the guys log those super long LSD on saturday and sunday, which destroys my carefully accumulated weekday totals......

Impressive running by some. Amazing that we have a lady runner currently in the lead. And she is running at a good pace as well. Edited by Jaws677

Have a good running weekend everyone.

I am not doing any races. Doing a club long run tomorrow and a shorter distance on Sunday, maybe in the Cradle. Good luck to all running Pick n Pay on Sunday

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Impressive running by some. Amazing that we have a lady runner currently in the lead. And she is running at a good pace as well.

Ok fess up.. Who is this person... And how did they get their mother's/father's comrades number without it being a green number..... And why isn't said parent running their final one to get the green number! Edited by Stretch