ScottCM

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have unfortunately joined the injured / sick Comrades bandwagon. The chiro sessions have helped tremendously with my nausea but my glute is causing serious butt pain. I had another chiro session this morning and nothing seems to help for the pain. I am going for dry needling tomorrow (got an emergency appointment, I think the physio could hear the panic in my voice)... I hope I haven't left it too late.

How are the rest of you doing?

At the risk of rehashing this story - sorry, what was the cause of the nausea?

So I have unfortunately joined the injured / sick Comrades bandwagon. The chiro sessions have helped tremendously with my nausea but my glute is causing serious butt pain. I had another chiro session this morning and nothing seems to help for the pain. I am going for dry needling tomorrow (got an emergency appointment, I think the physio could hear the panic in my voice)... I hope I haven't left it too late.

Eish Hacc, hope it comes right soon...

I'm sick on a 6/10 level, feeling alive, but no chance of running - wife is unfortunately a bit worse off... we'll make the call on antibiotics in the next day or two. 

My legs are well rested at least  :rolleyes:

I remember my first Comrades in 2014. It was a down run. When I came into Pinetown I literally had nothing left in the tank. The sub 11-hour bus came past me and I thought well I am now definitely not going to make it. I finished in 10:54...

Busses just make me nervous for no apparent reason. 

(Another tip for the novices out there. Run your own race. If a bus helps and you can keep up with their pace, great! If you can't keep up, don't exhaust yourself to try and keep up with them. Don't stress about it, some of the bus drivers don't make it in the final kilometers)

Yeah, I hate being tailgated by the bus, it just stresses me out for some reason. Last year the first Bill Rowan bus disappeared over the horizon at the start and the second one overtook us in Pinetown, which threw me a bit. We ended up catching them in Scotsville. They seem to run positive splits?

About half a dozen of us cyclists with a running problem could form our own "Let's just get through the day" bus at this stage. I hope you come right quickly, Hacc. You too, Mr Steer.

Sorry to hear that Hacc, hope you come right.

I had dry needling on my quad and hamstring to hopefully sort out my ITB niggle - almost jumped through the roof when the needles got to my muscles.

Not sure about everyone else but I have felt very tired lately - feel like I can sleep the whole day! Going to try get some proper rest this weekend into next week. Think it is nerves as this damn race is on my mind a lot, hahaha.

At the risk of rehashing this story - sorry, what was the cause of the nausea?

In summary, in non-medical terms, my spinal cord is misaligned. My alignment got worse because of running. I pronate badly on my right side, since the first day I was running. My left leg is 1 cm shorter than my right leg, and the chiro thinks my neck is trying to keep my body aligned while running. The nerves from my neck are connected to the rest of my body, which includes the stomach and intestines. Symptoms of a C1 (Axis) misalignment include nausea, leg length, dizziness, insomnia, energy loss.  I think in my case, I didn't get neck pain, or any other pain, just the nauseous feeling. The first time he explained all if this to me, I thought this is BS.

If I have to pinpoint when exactly my nausea started, it was after my second Comrades. I think my alignment got worse over time, over the longer distances and my nausea got worse.

The chiro actually said all long distance runners should get a check-up to make sure your body is aligned. I chatted with the receptionist and she said they treat lots of runners with ITB as well.

I find it very interesting, and I can't believe the results. I will go into maintenance mode after Comrades so it does not get out of hand again.

Sorry to hear that Hacc, hope you come right.

I had dry needling on my quad and hamstring to hopefully sort out my ITB niggle - almost jumped through the roof when the needles got to my muscles.

Not sure about everyone else but I have felt very tired lately - feel like I can sleep the whole day! Going to try get some proper rest this weekend into next week. Think it is nerves as this damn race is on my mind a lot, hahaha.

I have been for needles before for a calf injury... It is very painful but there is nothing that works so quickly. 

Eish Hacc, hope it comes right soon...

I'm sick on a 6/10 level, feeling alive, but no chance of running - wife is unfortunately a bit worse off... we'll make the call on antibiotics in the next day or two. 

My legs are well rested at least  :rolleyes:

My legs as well... Not much running happening until the 10th. I guess I will have a proper taper this year.

Wow! thats something Hacc, I'm glad you found the cause

the bodies an amazing thing, I'm always amazed how everything is interconnected.. 

In summary, in non-medical terms, my spinal cord is misaligned. My alignment got worse because of running. I pronate badly on my right side, since the first day I was running. My left leg is 1 cm shorter than my right leg, and the chiro thinks my neck is trying to keep my body aligned while running. The nerves from my neck are connected to the rest of my body, which includes the stomach and intestines. Symptoms of a C1 (Axis) misalignment include nausea, leg length, dizziness, insomnia, energy loss.  I think in my case, I didn't get neck pain, or any other pain, just the nauseous feeling. The first time he explained all if this to me, I thought this is BS.

If I have to pinpoint when exactly my nausea started, it was after my second Comrades. I think my alignment got worse over time, over the longer distances and my nausea got worse.

The chiro actually said all long distance runners should get a check-up to make sure your body is aligned. I chatted with the receptionist and she said they treat lots of runners with ITB as well.

I find it very interesting, and I can't believe the results. I will go into maintenance mode after Comrades so it does not get out of hand again.

I have been for needles before for a calf injury... It is very painful but there is nothing that works so quickly. 

My legs as well... Not much running happening until the 10th. I guess I will have a proper taper this year.

Don't worry, I have Spondylolisthesis.. Bad gene in my family. My dad have the exact same problem.I had so much pain in my lower while running, and even when I was just walking. That's why I stopped for a long time after my 5th Comrades. I did a lot of core exercises and using OSTEO-EEZE Gold. Since 3 years ago I have no more pain. So there is hope, believe me. :thumbup:

Had my final role of the dice this morning, had to unfortunately hit the Antibiotics after feeling better all weekend - only to wake up this morning clogged up again, coughing and with a sore throat. Hope this Zithromax stuff is the business

Shaper how did 70.3 go? Did you feel any ill effects from the antibiotics?

How are all our walking wounded?

Rest of you stay healthy please - weathers a little on the chillier side up here in the smog

6 days  :thumbup:

So I have unfortunately joined the injured / sick Comrades bandwagon.

Sooo, I joined the bus as well, after fighting a sore throat from all the sick people around me everywhere for more than 3 weeks.   A case of rather late than never it seems....  :cursing:

Sooo, I joined the bus as well, after fighting a sore throat from all the sick people around me everywhere for more than 3 weeks.   A case of rather late than never it seems....  :cursing:

There is no space on the bus anymore. We need some to get off the bus, please! 

I went to the physio on Saturday, the needles hurt like hell! I was in serious pain. Going back again today, no running for me this week, until our Comrades pre-run on Saturday.

Please stay healthy guys, a couple of days to go. Don't do anything stupid this week.

My google skills are letting me down, does anyone perhaps know what is needed to collect a goody bag on behalf of someone that is not running anymore?