ScottCM

My google skills are letting me down, does anyone perhaps know what is needed to collect a goody bag on behalf of someone that is not running anymore?

If they qualified etc and finished their entry, I think you just need a letter confirming you are picking it up for them and their championchip/copy of their ID.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My google skills are letting me down, does anyone perhaps know what is needed to collect a goody bag on behalf of someone that is not running anymore?

And also probably their confirmation letter (one sent out today)

And also probably their confirmation letter (one sent out today)

Ok scratch that. I actually read the letter now...it lists everything you need to bring to collect on behalf of someone. I tried copying here but couldnt. Just read the email they sent you today

Had my final role of the dice this morning, had to unfortunately hit the Antibiotics after feeling better all weekend - only to wake up this morning clogged up again, coughing and with a sore throat. Hope this Zithromax stuff is the business

Shaper how did 70.3 go? Did you feel any ill effects from the antibiotics?

How are all our walking wounded?

Rest of you stay healthy please - weathers a little on the chillier side up here in the smog

6 days  :thumbup:

No ill effects from the antibiotics, finished them 3 days before racing.  70.3 was tough (windy) but fun as always!!  Stiff today and tight just below on the side of my left knee, so maybe a bit of ITB,  Next 2 days will enjoy the rest and do some stretching on it.

Good luck holding the nerves together for the last few days!!

Edited by shaper

Thanks man and well done on your time... I know it wasn't what you wanted, but the conditions sounded pretty tough and not exactly PR ideal.

What's next on the plate? Bit of a break before building for world champs?

No ill effects from the antibiotics, finished them 3 days before racing.  70.3 was tough (windy) but fun as always!!  Stiff today and tight just below on the side of my left knee, so maybe a bit of ITB,  Next 2 days will enjoy the rest and do some stretching on it.

Good luck holding the nerves together for the last few days!!

Last week before the big C. This build up is driving me insane...cant even function at work now with all the thoughts of gear, nutrition, logistics, bonking/not bonkings running through my mind :eek:

This is pure torture! Good luck to all the guys running - lets all get to the finish line in one piece!! 

Thanks man and well done on your time... I know it wasn't what you wanted, but the conditions sounded pretty tough and not exactly PR ideal.

What's next on the plate? Bit of a break before building for world champs?

Ya, and thanks.  Time was ok considering and finished 21st in my age group.  There were a few goals, but with mediocre/lack of motivation intensity in the training after IMSA, throw in the weather conditions and also making the cardinal sin of racing with fairly new running shoes.... all added to the mix.

Wanted to try a more lightweight race orientate shoe.... decided Durbs was a good time to try as there was no real pressure as have qualified for worlds.

So gave some On Cloudsufer's a go which have a 7mm drop verses my ASICS (which have always run in) with 10mm drop (hence why think have a few niggles in the ITB leg area today).  Also had a pair of ASICS Hyper Tri 3 (6mm drop) but don't think my body can take the lack of cushioning in those very lightweight shoes yet, so tried the Cloudsurfer's.

Next couple of weeks will be more chilled training and giving the body a rest before starting a 10 week training block in the build up to worlds at the beginning of September :)

Will be focusing on some running speed work in that time to try get my run leg from mid 1:40hrs to mid 1:30's

3 DAYS TO GO :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What are you doing Saterdag ?

[emoji23]

I'm finding it to concentrate on my work. Lucky I took leave form tomorrow.

Can someone enlighten me as to why the Comrades countdown is always to the day before?  

cos they cant sleep the night before??? :whistling:

What are you doing Saterdag ?

[emoji23]

I'm finding it to concentrate on my work. Lucky I took leave form tomorrow.

Haven't been able to concentrate for a week. I must have googled every down run tip I could find and worked out every single pacing permutation.

Can someone enlighten me as to why the Comrades countdown is always to the day before?  

This irritates me beyond believe, but I have learnt to accept it 

Hey guys - been holidaying this long weekend. Briefly saw that Ferret was doing some secret training with Gerda!

but.....also saw lots of sick/injured people....Haac...lexx..Jackes...Andrew...Andrew's wife...updates please