ScottCM

Sorry to hear, tjommies... take it easy and recover well. 

And know you're not alone. Also must've done something weird on my run Saturday. Sat afternoon started feeling stiffness in my one foot, but no worries, just a little tweakish feeling. Sunday morning was rainy and the foot was a bit worse, but towards evening it was quite manageable - walked quite a bit to try and get it working.

Went for a run this morning and about a k in, it started giving notice. And by now it's is bleating like a wounded sheep, with this morning's pills having worn off.

I'll definitely lay off running for a couple of days before the weekend's trailrun. 

Thanks SeaBee

Sorry to hear about your injury. All the best with your recovery too.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish Tjommies... sorry about your run, your prep seemed so on point. Hopefully just a bad day at the office, we've all had them and you learn a little from each one. 

Eish Tjommies... sorry about your run, your prep seemed so on point. Hopefully just a bad day at the office, we've all had them and you learn a little from each one. 

Thanks Andrew

I hope so too

1:06:34 - IM70.3 world champion's run time for the 21.1Km leg

0:58:45 - Adrienne Hirsh 21.1Km winner's time

1:11:27 - Wanderer Aucor Properties winner's time

1:07:57 - Old Eds winner's time.

Not bad for someone that swam 1.9Km and cycled 90Km before.

Well, this was disappointing due to injury. Another DNF to encourage an early retirement. I had an excellent start, I was going faster than expected but not pushing too hard. The indicator was that the little group I was running in had heavy breathers and I was relaxed at a 4'30" pace. In comparison to last year, my splits were way better, but I was slowing down. My hip flexors were giving me issues and I couldn't swing my legs, and had to resort to a shuffle which wasn't helping much. I then walked a km to the next water station and asked them to alert the sweep vehicle :-(

Covered about 29km, a very sad day at the office for me.

Inside of my right Achilles is feeling it, quads are shot, lower back is in pain too but no ITB issues.

Sorry to hear that. How different was that pace to what your are used to. 4:30 is around a 3:15 marathon which is quite significant difference to what were talking about earlier. Not implying anything.. Just an observation.

Running is humbling and there's always the next one!

1:06:34 - IM70.3 world champion's run time for the 21.1Km leg

0:58:45 - Adrienne Hirsh 21.1Km winner's time

1:11:27 - Wanderer Aucor Properties winner's time

1:07:57 - Old Eds winner's time.

Not bad for someone that swam 1.9Km and cycled 90Km before.

Something definitely off there...

Something definitely off there...

I wouldn’t know, I wasn’t there. Could it be a 21.1 runner that only did the 10km?

07df941225af1e506389baf022c43e57.png

shows how much I know.

But for the IM70.3 WC to run 1:06 after a bike ride and swim is something else.

Don't you know the swim and the bike are just to warm up for the run ;)

Works for me  :ph34r:

Don't you know the swim and the bike are just to warm up for the run ;)

Works for me :ph34r:

A club friend, who did IM this year, wants to run a marathon, with a running shirt that reads “your sport is my sport’s cool down run”.