ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I no longer cycle. I no longer run.... I just surf....

Howzeeeet dudes and dudettes! Just a quick pop in to say hi. Everyone still up to the same mischief?

I sometimes see lines like spaghetti on Strava right about backline

Hahahaha. Forgot that is still updating back to Strava from the Garmin upload... I only wear my watch when I have a time limit and then I figure it's worth checking the surfing app and what it records for wave count as a side show! 

How's you Guiness appreciation coming along?

Hahahaha. Forgot that is still updating back to Strava from the Garmin upload... I only wear my watch when I have a time limit and then I figure it's worth checking the surfing app and what it records for wave count as a side show!

How's you Guiness appreciation coming along?

It's starting to get cold enough to start enjoying a Guinness again... Summer time I was preoccupied with red and golden ales

Lol.. There's always a rush in entries... And then it slows down

Then closer to the time.. You do a swap because someone is injured.. Or.. They've bit off more than they can chew

Or they sobered up…

Otter another case of "It's impossible until it's done"...

A couple of years ago a sub-4 Otter was deemed impossible. Then one guy scraped it. Now top 5 all doing sub-4! Amazing...

Amsterdam was pretty cool to watch. Final km for the pro's not as amazing as last year (obviously), but a really good battle right to the end. 

Don't really feel sorry for Kenenisa Bekele, he though he could just stroll up here and pull a Kipchoge on the race... No one wants to see one of the best track runners of all time reduced to walking but it just goes to show what an unbelievable athlete Eliud is.

Amsterdam was pretty cool to watch. Final km for the pro's not as amazing as last year (obviously), but a really good battle right to the end.

Don't really feel sorry for Kenenisa Bekele, he though he could just stroll up here and pull a Kipchoge on the race... No one wants to see one of the best track runners of all time reduced to walking but it just goes to show what an unbelievable athlete Eliud is.

I don't get pulling out with 1km to go. Are they so proud that they don't want a tenth place on their record?!

I skip watched after the race...The coverage of the ladies was pretty pathetic

I don't get pulling out with 1km to go. Are they so proud that they don't want a tenth place on their record?!

I skip watched after the race...The coverage of the ladies was pretty pathetic

There was no coverage, we saw the final 500m. appalling.

So my report back of Amsterdam.

I had a goal of a sub 3:10 and got caught up in the gees. This resulted in me running a 3:05 pace till half. The net result is that at about 32km I need to take my first water table walk and then they were regular for those last 10km. I never in my life thought that 5km could be so hard.. But those last 5 were tough. I missed my goal and I'm sure with a bit of vasbyt I could have made it.. But I was knackered. All that said I'm super chuffed because I beat my PB by over 6 minutes. My official time was 3:11:23 and I'm very proud of that.

On a side note.. Flat runs are interesting... There is just no rest whatsoever. My quads took and absolute pounding and definitely something I need to work on for the next one.

I'll let Ferret report back on his outstanding run

Odison.. How did it go?