ScottCM

yeah.

I was thinking of changing to the 12km but I think even that is risky.

Exactly... no point.

There are always other halves, but you only have one heart  :thumbup:

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just come across a post by Courtney Dauwalter - one of the craziest endurance runners in the world.

There's an event called Last Man Standing, On the hour you run around a 4.16 mile (6.6km) loop. The remainder of the hour is rest. When the hour ticks over you run the loop again. and again, and again... until you just give up (or die)

The winner is quite literally the last person running. Everyone else is a DNF.

So this race has just finished and Courtney came second, with 67 laps. The winner was a Swedish chap called Johan Steene did 68 laps. 

68 LAPS IS 283 MILES!!! THATS 452 KM'S! hahaha

People are amazing  :clap:

I've just come across a post by Courtney Dauwalter - one of the craziest endurance runners in the world.

There's an event called Last Man Standing, On the hour you run around a 4.16 mile (6.6km) loop. The remainder of the hour is rest. When the hour ticks over you run the loop again. and again, and again... until you just give up (or die)

So this race has just finished and Courtney came second, with 67 laps. The winner was a Swedish chap called Johan Steene did 68 laps. 

And that is 68 laps with catnaps between laps, else staying awake for 68hrs?

Does entry include a voucher for a psychologist to fix your mind after running the same 6km lap for like 3 days?

F#cking insane :-)

post-11586-0-83671300-1540290330_thumb.png

https://www.instagram.com/courtneydauwalter/

I'm hoping this is the thread to ask about Comrades?

I would like to know how quickly the entries sell out as I'm hoping to do it next year but I want to wait a while before I take the plunge?

Thanks in advance.

I would like to know how quickly the entries sell out as I'm hoping to do it next year but I want to wait a while before I take the plunge?

Thanks in advance.

well of the 25K entries there are only 4850 left and entries close in november (normally when they opened in Sept) but then there are guaranteed to be substitutions available when the window opens in MArch 

Perhaps worth mentioning...

1. On June 23, she was the first woman to cross the line at the prestigious Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run in northern California. Her time — 17 hours, 27 minutes — was the second-fastest for a female in that race’s history.

2.  7 Sep - 328km Lake Tahoe race

3. 6 weeks later this 452km effort

4. Between the Western States and Lake Tahoe was a mellow July and two little races of 80km and 50km's in August.

1. On June 23, she was the first woman to cross the line at the prestigious Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run in northern California. Her time — 17 hours, 27 minutes — was the second-fastest for a female in that race’s history.

2. 7 Sep - 328km Lake Tahoe race

4. Between the Western States and Lake Tahoe was a mellow July and two little races of 80km and 50km's in August.

Admirable stuff.... But it can't be good for you

Thanks in advance.

What's your weekly mileage now and how long you been running.

If you're thinking of going from cycling fit to running in 2019 without having run..I would say no... Wait till 2020... If you've done a fair bit of running before.. Then go for it.. If you don't set a goal now you never will reach it

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I would enter now. At least you have the opportunity this year to do so because next year (2020 Comrades) you will have to qualify FIRST before entering. Entires are selling out fast and should be sold out by the end of this week. You can always sub out if you not up for it.

Edited by Gringo

Full time science teacher

No coach

Do not log miles

Do not record notes

Do not have a gps watch, only a timex watch with a timing function.

And 24 hour training runs...

Full time science teacher

No coach

Do not log miles

Do not record notes

Do not have a gps watch, only a timex watch with a timing function.

And 24 hour training runs...

Little bit of crushing going on there...[emoji23]

2.  7 Sep - 328km Lake Tahoe race

I was dot-watching the Tahoe race, she was in the lead till at last little stretch, The two of them in front were 10 HOURS ahead of third. Awesome.

edit - spelling

Edited by CBlake